AskAudio Magazine
Join Now! Watch Tutorials
macProVideo.com
Close

Install Problem

Login to Make a Post!
  • TimDrums7
  • Forum Member
I just got an Mbox system and it came with Reason Adapted (for DigiDesign) 3.0.5. I did the initial install by dragging the reason folder from the cd to my hard drive, and then created a propellerhead account and registered my project. I inserted the code to begin installing reason, which worked, but now when I open Reason it says "Failed to locate and install Reason Engine, exiting."

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Share this on:  Google+
  • Rounik
  • Administrator
Hi TimDrums7,

I found this on the PropellerHeads FAQ page:

This alert may appear on Intel Mac computers when attempting to launch Reason 3.0.5.

For some reason the permissions on the ReWire folder might be set wrong. Here's what you should check:

Go to the Rewire folder (/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/). Right-click on the ReWire folder and select "Get Info". Ensure that the folder permissions are set to "Read & Write".

If that doesn't help, delete and trash the folder

/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/

and the two files

/Library/Application Support/REX Shared Library
/Library/Application Support/ReWire

Now, relaunch Reason and the folder and files mentioned above will be created. Please quit any ReWire host application before launching Reason after deleting the files mentioned above, as Reason needs to run stand alone for proper versions of the files to be created.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks
Rounik
  • TimDrums7
  • Forum Member
Thanks so much, that fixed it.
  • Rounik
  • Administrator
That's Great!

Thanks,
Rounik
Below is how your post will look once submitted.
  • Forum Member

What is macProVideo.com?

macProVideo.com is an online education community featuring Tutorial-Videos & Training for popular Audio & Video Applications including Adobe CS, Logic Studio, Final Cut Studio, and more.
© 2014 macProVideo.com
a division of NonLinear Educating Inc.
Link