Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 4th, 2013
Have fun learning the basics of sampling using Ableton Live’s Simpler sampler with Ableton-Certified Live Trainer and electronic music performer, Laura Escudè.
So what is sampling and how does Ableton’s Simpler sampler work? Well, let Laura Escudè show you!
In this “sampling-for-beginners” tutorial renowned violinist and electronic music performer Laura Escudè takes you through the very basics of sampling using Ableton Live’s stock sampler, Simpler. She starts you off with an overview detailing the history of audio sampling from it’s nascent beginnings with the famous Fairlight CMI through to software samplers of the present day.
From there you’re off to a zoomed-in, zoomed-out look at the Simpler Plugin that is included with every copy of Live. Laura takes you through all of Simpler’s parameters from envelopes to LFO’s showing you how they work and how she uses them in her music. She discusses the differences between Simpler and Live’s premium instrument, Sampler ... and also shows you how they work together!
Finally, Laura, includes a few “workshops” where she divulges the arcana behind her “Cello Wobble” sound and how to use Simpler in an Instrument Rack. Laura then puts it all together with a triptych of videos showing how she uses Simpler in her live performances.
So if you’re new to sampling and want to know how to use Simpler - or if your just want to learn some cool sample playback techniques -
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Very good and detailed tutorial. No open questions, everything is clear now. Thanks, Laura.
Great tutorial. I've had Simpler for years and never got past randomly twiddling knobs. Now I know how all the parts fit together and can use it to make some nice sounds. Thanks.
Thank you Laura Escudé, Your videos are very helpful, and i learned a lot.
Nice tut Laura. You've made the Simpler Sampler even "simpler." :)