Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Jun 16th, 2011
Learn how to animate photos and create basic characters in the style of “South Park”, “Monty Python” and “Jib Jab” in this tutorial, Cartoon Animation Basics, by After Effects expert Richard Lainhart.
Character animation in After Effects can produce some very effective and entertaining results. In this tutorial you will learn all the basics of creating easy-to-produce characters syncing their mouth and body motions to voice and music tracks.
Richard’s first project is a Monty Python-style Mouth Animation. Richard animates his own mouth in sync to a voice-over track! (This is a real mind bender since he is also narrating the tutorial!) He shows you all the steps required to create this popular effect including duplicating, splitting, masking layers, and even designing silly-looking teeth.You’ll also learn how to “spot” the audio track with markers to synchronize the animation to the audio.
In the last section, Richard shows you the basics of After Effects’ puppet animation features where you’ll learn to how to create a character in Photoshop, create hinged joint points (or “rigging”) for the character in After Effects, and then animate that character in perfect sync to a soundtrack! Included in this project are tips on designing a character for rigging, techniques for cutting up the character into separate parts in Photoshop , how to create correct Parent-Child relationships for your character’s parts in After Effects, and finally, how to make your character dance to the music.
If you want to learn how to animate characters, this After Effects tutorial “Cartoon Animation Basics” by Richard Lainhart is the perfect collection of videos to get you headed on your way!
- After Effects CS5 101: Core After Effects CS5
- After Effects CS5 201: Motion Tracking and Stabilization
- After Effects CS5 203: Secrets of Particle Playground
- After Effects CS5 302: Cartoon Animation Basics
- After Effects CS5 303: More Cartoon Animation Basics
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
GREAT RICHARD! Even though I was familiar with the basics, this tutorial made it for me. ...I laughed a lot during this. Thanks for that! :) Ole