Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Oct 1st, 2012
Learn all about VCAs, Ring Modulation and lots of other advanced synthesis tools in this fifth course from The Foundation Of Synthesis series created exclusively for us by The Bob Moog Foundation...
Now that you're well versed in the concept of Voltage Control, get ready for some more advanced synthesis techniques. In this course, The Bob Moog Foundation's lead educator Marc Doty explains the Voltage Control Amplifier (VCA), the sideband-rich synthesis called Ring Modulation. He even dives into Noise explaining what it is and how to use it in your sonic experimentations.
You'll also learn about different VC techniques as he demystifies and demonstrates After Touch, Portamento, Sample and Hold and other alternative control techniques.
See all these powerful tools and concepts in action and how they are implemented in the minds and hardware of the world's greatest synth designers.
Bob Moog was an early pioneer and inventor of voltage-controlled analog synthesizers. He revolutionized the music industry and his ideas, inventions and musical instruments have dominated the sound of music for more than 30 years. Aside from being an innovator, Dr. Bob was an outspoken advocate of education. The Bob Moog Foundation, created by his daughter, Michelle Moog-Kousa, continues his legacy with Dr. Bob's SoundSchool, the preservation of his inventions and the development of the Moogseum—the only museum of its kind dedicated to the advancement of sonic education. We hope you will help support the BMF's efforts by watching these courses with the knowledge that a large portion of the proceeds go to support their awesome efforts!
So sit back, hit the play button, and proceed on your journey into the Foundation of Synthesis with Marc Doty, and the Bob Moog Foundation. Be sure to watch all 6 of the BMF's courses on filters, modulation, oscillators, sound design and more!
- Animoog: Exploring Animoog
- The Foundation Of Synthesis 101: The Synthesis Of Synthesis
- The Foundation Of Synthesis 102: The Oscillator
- The Foundation Of Synthesis 103: The Filter
- The Foundation Of Synthesis 104: Control Voltage
- The Foundation Of Synthesis 105: The VCA & Other Tools
- The Foundation Of Synthesis 106: Designing Timbres
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
This series continues to lay the foundation for understanding the components of synthesis! Mr. Doty continues to give great examples through each course!! Can't wait to watch the next one!
Kind of a continuation of the 104 course for voltage control, this time focusing mostly on the amp.
Super clear explanation.