Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Aug 30th, 2013
Logic Pro X is a MIDI powerhouse! This MIDI-focused, introductory course by Logic expert Jonathan Perl gets you up and recording, editing and producing MIDI fast!
MIDI is the heart of Logic and Jonathan Perl is the MIDI master. In this course, you learn tons about how to compose and produce with MIDI in Logic Pro X.
â€¨It starts by teaching you how to really work with tracks, channels, regions, and take folders. With that knowledge Jonathan then shows you how to incorporate those techniques to master multiple ways to record and capture your MIDI ideas. Next up is a deep dive of Logicâ€™s main MIDI editor: the Piano Roll. Get the secrets of MIDI Draw and see how to customize and animate MIDI effects and performance. From there, Jonathan dives into the Event List, where massive amounts of MIDI data can be massaged with just the click of a mouse!
This course then moves on to a section on rhythmic programming and editing. This is where you explore a ton of Logicâ€™s quantization features and tools and learn how to create cool, rhythmic-based effects.
Watching this course gives you a strong MIDI foundation and gives you the power to deploy Logicâ€™s MIDI tools to precisely tailor accents, timing, scales and MIDI effects. So dive in and get a deep understanding of the power and creativity of MIDI composition in Logic Pro X!
...and be sure to explore the worldâ€™s largest collection on professionally led Logic ProX courses on the planet, right here, right now!
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: Whatâ€™s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training â€“ The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
The Step Editor is a beast! Man, thanks for this course!
This is the second or so basic course I have watched & although there was not much new for me to learn it gave a reinforced understanding of the functions of the groove, quantize & swing sections of the inspector menu's. A must if your new to Logic.
I loved this course. It helped me to really gain a solid understanding on all the MIDI features of Logic Pro X, as well as how to quickly navigate through the menus by providing key commands that are extremely useful. I had to watch this one twice to make sure I understood everything, and it helped me a lot. I'm able to move through the program a lot faster and I really didn't start using the program until after I viewed this course. I highly recommend to anyone looking to get started using Logic Pro X quickly.
Wow! I finally understand how the Advanced Quantization parameters work! I also picked up miscellaneous tips along the way. Thanks Jonathan!
I learned a lot about the Step Editor and MIDI Draw. I am so glad i watched this! If you are new to Logic Pro X you MUST watch this!
Once I've gotten used to Jonathon's speed and delivery, I like the pace. Though it is a little faster than I can really catch the details. But that's what rewind's for.
The info on the using the Step Editor has changed my workflow! Awesome!
I am still new to Logic Pro and after working through this course I think: This is another very helpful course, I learned a lot about Midi in Logic - also a lot of stuff which I guess would be very hard for me to find/learn if I tried to learn that on my own (for example: I never expected the step editor to be such a powerful tool - without this course we would have kept on using just the piano roll editor solely). For me it was obvious that the trainer is really experienced in producing music and in using Logic for that. But again I wished that this trainer sometimes talked a bit slower and didnÂ´t mumble sometimes (thus I didnÂ´t understand everything but I guess I always got the most important information. (IÂ´m no native english speaker) Conclusion: Again an absolutely valuable course - especially for Logic beginners (like me).
This is an essential course for those wanting to become fluent with recording and editing Midi. Very useful!
Awesome course!!! Awesome instructor!!! Awesome course!!! Awesome instructor!!!
A great starter - don't get me wrong, this course will reinforce a lot of techniques you may already know and open a fair few doors also. The Step Editor is one thing I am great full for an introduction to and will implement into my workflow. Thank you!
This course is fantastic. Although, I thought I was comfortable with MIDI, I sure did learn quite a lot of tricks, and some of the amazing new features in LPX. Worth watching, and I'll be watching again.
This was a concise and informative course. The only fault was that it left me with craving more infermation about certain aspects of MIDI editors. Hopefully there will be an advanced course one day. Highly recommended!
Exactly what it says...Core training on MIDI. Includes great workflow tips-n-tricks and multi-method interface shortcuts. I'm already saving production time. Thanks!
This is so much better than the discovery channel it is amazing how deep this stuff is and more amazing I did not know most of what this was about. You guys are opening my eyes thanks
Great course on MIDI sequencing and editing in Logic Pro X!! This course is also filled with lots of keyboard shortcuts and great tips for writing and programming MIDI notes!!
Absolutely awesome. More than I actually gonna use on my songs. Perfect explanation of the Midi editor and Step Editor is one of the best features in the new logic.
Fantastic explanation of the material. I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I've done the logic 9 course on MIDI and I found that I still learned new things after taking this course.
Excellent information given quickly. I've been a logic user since version 8 and this has been the most useful information I've gotten about diving deeper into midi functions. Thanks.
Lots of MIDI fun in here, along with a bunch of cool tips and handy tricks.
Loved this Course!!! thanks very much, the look att he piano editor and event manager were priceless. Thanks a million! kyle
What a great review of the fun and dynamic tools not really talked about in most tutorials, thank you Jonathan P. for making so much happen. This course definitely has a lot of hidden gems!
A really good insight into the midi capabilities of Logic. Showcases a few new features of version X as well.
Overall a very good course. I could use a little more details in some of the chapters e.g. Quantizing velocity.
Wow Jonathan, thanks this is full of great work flow short cuts and has given me an in-depth look how powerful using all the tools are!