Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Dec 6th, 2012
A songwriter, a Hip Hop artist, a DJ, a studio and only one day to produce song! Possible? We’ll find out! The production team at Dubway Studios are back producing Hired Gun and DJ Boo in another, high-pressure, real-world SongCraft Docutorial™.
Ben Arthur, our intrepid songwriter and musical adventurer is back and in this episode he's straddling his acoustic comfort zone by collaborating with New York-based Hip Hop poet Hired Gun and expert Scratch artist DJ Boo.
Together they compose a song and then quickly hip-hop their way onto the downtown subway to the lower Manhattan studio complex at Dubway. Here the production & engineering team of Mike Cehore and Al Houghton shift into high gear as they muster their consummate skills and experience to nurse this nascent Hip Hop tune to life in the urban musical universe... all in a single day!
In this day-in-the-life Docutorial™ you'll learn how to get that gritty, urban influenced sound: You'll see the mics, the recording setups, iZotope plugins, the sampling tools and the turntable techniques they use to bring this song to life!
So sit in on this marathon session and see how a team of songwriters, producers and engineers work together to get the music out and the job done!
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Introduction to Recording
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Drums
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Guitars
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Vocals
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: From Demo to Master
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: The Mix
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Strings
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Touring An SSL Console
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Dynamics
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Spatial Effects
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: EQ
- Analog Mixing Consoles: Layout, Signal Flow and I/O
- Greg Townley: Sonic Dimension in Mixing
- Greg Townley: Sonic Dimension: Expanded
- Jordan Rudess: Keyboard Wizdom
- Outside The Box: Vocal Production and Arranging
- Outside The Box: Producing Bass Lines
- Outside The Box: Electric Guitar Production
- Recording The Grand Piano: The Dave Brubeck Sessions
- Rich Tozzoli: Producing and Mixing Guitars
- Rich Tozzoli: Mix Digital, Sound Analog!
- Song Production: Producing Indie Electro-Pop
- SongCraft: Producing Lauren Balthrop
- SongCraft: Producing The End Men
- SongCraft: Producing Hired Gun and DJ Boo
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
When I checked out the first few vids, I thought it was sooo hilarious! These guys were in totally different worlds. The producers and songwriters were obviously not familiar with making hiphop.. As the videos progressed, however, everyones professionalism begin to come out!! It was very inspiring to see how everyone worked together to complete this project. The mixing and recording tips and ideas were second to none. This was a really great watch! Good job MacPro