Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- May 9th, 2012
One song and only one day to professionally produce it! Can it be done? Find out as the pros at Dubway Studios in New York City take you on a recording and mixing adventure in this first edition of our new Docutorial™ series we call SongCraft!
In this maiden episode, Brooklyn based singer-songwriter Lauren Balthrop and Ben Arthur collaborate on composing a song. Next, they jump aboard the NYC subway and head down to the multi-million dollar Dubway studios in Lower Manhattan where their goal is to arrange, track, and mix the newborn song in a one-day music marathon. We pick up their story at Dubway where they meet up with studio owners and producers Al Houghton and Mike Crehore to begin their nonstop musical adventure.
Watch them as they work together, nurturing the song to life from dawn to dusk, tracking keyboards, bass, drums, guitars and vocals. And our expert MPV camera team is right there with them, documenting the whole process every step of the way. And, as the day proceeds the team somehow finds the time to teach you lots of recording tips and tricks. You’ll learn all about studio production, microphone techniques, arranging, mixing and plugins from McDSP, Waves and Lexicon by seeing while watching the song come to life right before your eyes and ears! And keep a close watch for our narrator: the ubiquitous “studio rat” voiced by audio expert Matt Hendershot as he explains the tech side of recording with his informative chalk talks!
So if you're looking to learn about the recording process and see the pro-studio workflow in action, this tutorial, SongCraft: Producing Lauren Balthrop is a must see!
- Outside The Box: Vocal Production and Arranging
- Outside The Box: Producing Bass Lines
- Outside The Box: Electric Guitar Production
- Rich Tozzoli: Producing and Mixing Guitars
- Song Production: Producing Indie Electro-Pop
- SongCraft: Producing Lauren Balthrop
- SongCraft: Producing The End Men
- SongCraft: Producing Hired Gun and DJ Boo
- SongCraft Presents: Songwriting With Sean Rowe
- SongCraft Presents: Songwriting With Bend Sinister
- SongCraft Presents: Songwriting With Ben Sollee and Erin McKeown
- Studio and Recording: Composing For Commercials
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Excellent. Love the whole SongCraft Series. You get to see every aspect of a production, composer, singer, producer... Love the different Styles
Excellent video! This was so helpful. I've been looking for something that shows this level of detail for producing singer-songwriters - thank you! Can't wait to see the next episode.
Awesome! Great watch! Cant wait for the next episode!
Great video, great tips and insights. Like the fact it was short so you can watch the whole thing without interruption. Hope more would come on these series covering other genres as hard rock, electronica, R & B, jazz/fusion etc. Maybe something similar could be done using Logic or Cubase as DAW? Just a suggestion...
Loved this. One of the first tutorials I've watched from start to finish in a long time. We tend to miss the process a little bit when we chop music making up in to little, tiny bits. More of this please. It's the reason we make music. : >
Excellent video... short yet full of great tips and tricks that you may have forgotten or never even heard of. Looking forward to more from this nice bunch of guy's.
Great video. Always great to see the "behind the scenes" of a songs creationg from demo to master. Keep them coming..