Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Jul 28th, 2011
Final Cut Pro X comes with many new, intuitive and very cool color correction tools. Our in-house FCP X Guru, the “colorful” Michael Wohl, shows you FCP X’s virtual rainbow of new tools and techniques that you can use right outta-the-box! (Oops, I mean, right-outta-the-Mac App Store!).
*** Updated for FCP X 10.0.6 ***
Final Cut Pro X does color and master colorist Michael Wohl, macProVideo’s video Final Cut Pro X Guru, shows you everything this awesome new program can do to make your productions color-coordinated!
First, Michael takes you through FCP X’s Basic Color Adjustments. Say goodbye to the color wheel. Here comes Color Board: Apple's way of making the color correction process easier to grasp. Michael explains how the Color Board and its linear interface works and how you can use it most effectively! He explains color balancing using FCP X’s intuitive new color controls. For all the musicians out there: if you've ever used an audio EQ, you will feel right at home with these new “EQ-like” interface elements! From there, MIchael takes us to the quick and powerful one-click Color Match tool with some wonderful “before and after” examples. Very cool stuff, indeed!
In the next section, Primary Corrections, Michael takes us into the Scopes: the Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope and Histogram. Scopes show you the science behind what you're seeing and he explains how they work and why you need to understand how to use them.
In the Secondary Corrections section, you will learn all about Color Masks and Shape Masks. MIchael explores all the cool features build right into FCP X to keyframe the masks while limiting your color effects to specific areas of the frame. Finally, there’s a cool section on managing Grades.
So if you want to know how well Final Cut Pro X does color, join Michael Wohl as he teaches you all the advanced color techniques that FCP X offers. You’ll see how great it is to have a friendly expert like Michael Wohl to keep you from painting yourself into that color correction corner!
Check out our full Final Cut Pro X 100 Series library of tutorials:
- Final Cut Pro X 101: Overview and Quick Start Guide
- Final Cut Pro X 102: Media: Ingesting and Organizing
- Final Cut Pro X 103: Editing In The Magnetic Timeline
- Final Cut Pro X 104: Advanced Editing Techniques
- Final Cut Pro X 105: Working With Audio
- Final Cut Pro X 106: Titles, Effects and Compositing
- Final Cut Pro X 107: Color Correction Techniques
- Final Cut Pro X 108: Exporting and Sharing Your Work
- Final Cut Pro X 201: Multicam Editing
- Final Cut Pro X 202: DSLR Workflows
- Final Cut Pro X 204: Managing Media
- Final Cut Pro X 205: Color Grading
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
This is a very enjoyable introduction to FCP X's colour correction/grading tools. Michael explains the different steps in an easy but also clear way. The tips are important to know and should be learned by all who are serious about colour. I would recommend this tutorial to all.
I think it is very good. I learned a lot from this turotial.
I've just finished this lesson a few hours ago and it's really helpful in understanding the new design when working with color correction and how things work.
Great overview of the new color correction in Final Cut X