Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Oct 3rd, 2011
In 2.5 hours you will be making killer beats with Reason's incredible Kong drum machine...
KONG!! To name a drum machine Kong, you must have created something really powerful... and that’s exactly what the mad musical scientists at Propellerhead Software have done. This virtual beat making machine can do it all. And who better to tame the beast than Reason master Mo Volans: an authority on everything that makes sound in the digital world!
There are a million ways to design drum sounds in Kong using samples, physical modeling and synthesis. Mo explains how all these sound design techniques work together, along with Kong’s effects and modulators, to get us producing powerful drum tracks that are the foundation of any great production.
So if you want to know why Kong is the king of all drum machines, join Mo Volans as he shows us just how to get this beast of a drum machine blasting out beats that only "Kong: King of Drums" can produce. Run for your lives!
This tutorial, originally created in Reason 5, is forward-compatible with Reason 6 and beyond.
macProVideo.com has one of the largest and most complete library of Reason tutorials on the planet. Subscribe to watch them online or build yourself a downloadable bundle to save up to 50% off the list price!
Check out all our Reason 6 tutorials below:
- Reason 6 101: Quick Start Guide
- Reason 6 102: Reason Fundamentals
- Reason 6 103: Working With MIDI
- Reason 6 104: The Instruments
- Reason 6 105: Working With Audio
- Reason 6 106: FX, EQ, Automation and Mixing
- Reason 6 107: Beat Design Basics
- Reason 6 202: Buffre
- Reason 6 203: The Echo
- Reason 6 204: Pulverizer
- Reason 6 205: Alligator
- Reason 6 206: KONG: King of Drums
- Reason 6 207: Dr. OctoRex: Sonic Surgery
- Reason 6 208: The Combinator
- Reason 6 209: Thor: Master Of All Synths
- Reason 6 401: Reason's Mixing Toolbox
- Reason 6 402: Reason's Mastering Toolbox
- Reason 6 403: Designing Dubstep: Beat by Beat
- Reason 6 404: Recording and Producing Vocals
- Reason 6 405: Twisted Sound Design
- Reason 6 501: Getting up to Speed
- Reason 6 502: Fundamentals
- Reason 6 503: The Effects of Reason
- Reason 6 504: Instrumental to Reason
- Reason 6 505: Advancing your Reason
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
This might be one of the most complete courses I've seen!! No redundancy either! Mo Volans does a great job.. Good gig MacPro!!!
This series is a complete guide to Kong. Mo Volans does a great job of explaining the device in fine detail. I like that these videos are diced up into short pieces; makes for easy referencing. Thanks again Mo!
MPV - please listen carefully. You have some great teachers, but there are a few that truly know how to teach. Mo is one of them. The other is Steve H. These pedagogues are thoughtful, patient, and know how to repeat and highlight a concept to drive it home. Further, they don't skip over material and their tutorials are thorough and consistently valuable. This one - Kong - is no exception, and might be one of Mo's best. Had no intention of using kong before, now I'm a convert, precisely due to the teaching style of Mo. Now Mo - you please listen: I'd like next a tutorial on all of reason's BACK PANEL. That means a deep three hour tutorial on the back panel of every instrument - control voltages, gates the real nitty gritty. Only you're qualified to do that, and with so many having not grown up with cables and sound modules - this one will be a great tute. Please produce it!
GREAT TUTORIAL! Before this I was just using Kong to trigger sounds with the pads, but now this tutorial has opened a whole new world to what I can do with Kong. Thanks!