Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 14th, 2013
Live 9 Suite now includes Max For Live. This course, designed specifically for musicians, teaches you how to add a new level of creativity to your Rack using the programming power of Max For Live!
A big part of the Ableton Live experience is about approaching music in a non-linear way where you can create audio landscapes that are uniquely yours. But what if you could program your own MIDI and audio devices to plug directly into the rack? You can, using Max For Live.
However, just the mentioning of the word "programming" usually is enough to scare the X!%!# out of most musicians. But, have no fear, because this M4L intro course is designed with you, the musician, in mind.
Rishabh Rajan starts off this course by teaching you Max's unique visual programming language. If you can plug in a guitar or hook up a MIDI/audio interface, then you will learn to program Max
So join Rishabh Rajan and lose your programming virginity in this inspiring introduction to Ableton Live's Max For Live!
Be sure to check out all of our Live and Push courses below as we continue to build the web's most expansive Ableton course library!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
A good start into M4L. Some ideas could have been nice, what to do with this newly acquired knowledge.
Very helpful and useful course. I absolutely want a sequel (advanced course)! Thank you for this course.
Great introductory course on M4L. After completing this course I highly recommend taking the Advanced course (Live 9 403).
A fascinating course that covers the intricate world of Max for Live! Max is a vast and endless world that can be utilized for almost any audio purpose with Ableton Live. This course explains many of its uses and ways that it can be programmed for different purposes.
This is THE best Max for Live intro course I've seen. Period. The explanation of the Live API and LOM was so clear and easy to understand I was able to apply it immediately. I can't wait to start the Max for Live Advanced course.
Nerd alert! Only try this course if you want to learn the basic building blocks and I/O of custom devices in Live. If that sounds like you, then Rishabh's calm - yet clinical - approach will delight!
Great intro, well paced with good examples. Please add more advanced courses on Max
After this tutorial I was writing my first plugin with almost no problem. Excelent curse for beginners.
(im not good on english so im sorry im going on spanish) nunca pensé que Maxsp for live iba a ser tan divertido, es complejo pero este tutorial me ayuda multiplicar mis opciones como músico, GRACIAS!
A really good intro to MAX - coming from someone who has just a little bit of MAX knowledge but makes his living writing software. The content is well thought out and concise..
Max For Live: For Musicians is an excellent tutorial. One can only hope that they keep adding more videos to this series of M4L.
This is a great introduction to M4L. Not sure I figured out by myself where to begin without it. A little too short. Watch it quickly and go for the part 2 (403 - advanced) which is far more interesting.
Great intro to MAX. I am new to MAX and this was very clear. I would like more tutorials that go beyond the basics.
WOW! Max is awesome!! Rishabh made it so simple. Can't wait to get started and see the more advanced stuff.
Another great tutorial,if your new to Max 4 live and programming,this is for you This is a good course,outlining how to make your own devices and instruments You might have to go over some sections,to fully understand whats going on. For me new to Max for Live,I wold use Max for live instruments and effects firstly, have a look how there put together.Then when I get more experience start to maybe make my own
Great Tutorial, Rishabh explains everything in a very good pace and rhythm. The tutorial is very informative and helpful if you have never programmed in MFL. I really recommend it.
although too brief, I really enjoyed this course. Much more Max please.
An excellent course. I learned a great deal. I give it 4 stars because it was too short. I want to learn more. I hope this will be continued. Well done.
Good course! Thanks!