Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Jul 16th, 2013
Tired of diving through plugins to find the DSP parameters you're after? Smart Controls let you assign parameters from several plugins to one collection of knobs that are always available!
We all love DSP plugins. It's common to use dozens in each project. But with all those plugins to juggle, your screen can quickly become overcrowded. Happily, Logic Pro X now has Smart Controls! Cluttered screens are a thing of the past…
In this course David Earl shows you how to map the parameters of several DSP plugins onto the control knobs of a single Smart Control unit. You'll learn how to select an appropriate Smart Control preset, then assign its controls to any plugin assigned to the channel strip. Included is a lesson on assigning Multiple DSP Parameters to a single Smart Control!
With the basics covered, you'll move on to advanced Smart Control Tutorials like Using Smart Controls with Track Stacks, and using an iPad to tweak your Smart Controls from inside Logic Remote. There's a lot to learn… click a preview video to begin!
- Logic Pro X 100: What’s New In Logic Pro X
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Logic Pro X 400 - XTreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
David Earl reveals some of the explosive capabilities that lay beneath the pretty surface of Logic Pro X. Having an iPad has some major advantages as well, the main advantage is MPV.
Oh man what an awesome video! As it turns out, smart controls can actually be really useful! This was a surprise for me. This video went through the ins and outs of smart controls and helped me come up with some cool useful ways to use them. Great course!
David jumps around a little here. (or his teases are misleading a little) I couldn't quite bridge the history with the present, but the older versions of Logic is why I left. The Smart controls are endlessly creative function, and David does cover them thoroughly.
ninja of logic indeed. thanks david, you nailed it again !
As always, Logic Ninja delivers! Very informative and covers a few creative ideas. Good gig MacPro!!
2nd time watching this to get my rough edges smoothened out, and I'd say I've learnt a few new things again that I probably missed out on the last watch.... Excellent tutorial, as always.
As usual David flattens the learning curve with really clear, concise instruction. New to LPX, I was having trouble automating in a project. Within a few lessons I was back on track.
This course was very helpful in teaching the technical aspects at a down to earth approach. Really makes learning easy!
An excellent course that covers many of the different shortcuts and smart controls that Logic Pro X has to offer!
The information covered was well delivered. I liked the way the instructor choose to go back to previous version of the software and show the evolution of the features.
Course was a bit redundant for anyone who has started the LOGIC 9 tutorials. Would recommend getting straight to the point about smart controls and letting the LOGIC 9 tutorials cover details more.
Thank you David Earl, for taking the time to explain smart controls and it's unlimited possibilities, showing how much fun this can be for our creative side and our mixes. I really enjoyed it!
This is exactly what I needed. A clear guide to something that has a breadth that seems overwhelming when approached cold. It's not often I enjoy tutorials because some tend to sag here and there but David Earl keeps the flow to a manageable and fun level. Excellent.Apple owes a lot to people like this
Really useful tips on how to configure up the smart controls, was watching with the hope of some insight as to how they work or whether they work with 3rd party plugins too?
Good course, was a good overview of the smart controls. This was out on day one of the new software which was very helpful.
Nice intro to using Smart Controls in Logic Pro X, including history, examples, using with stacks and Logic Remote. Very cool.
thanks david for this tuto, some of module look like Reason ;) , the "scaling mode" is really goooood, the maping is really easy ! i hope everything will be easy with my MPK88 thanks again macprovideo.