Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Sep 11th, 2009
A legend of Motown & the R&B music scene, David Isaac teaches you Deep Mixing Skills ...
R&B is a soulful genre, and there's few people with more soul than David Isaac. David has spent decades Engineering and Producing for many of the world's biggest R&B artists, including Luther Vandross, Marcus Miller, Michael Jackson, and many, many more A-List performers.
In this 3 hour tutorial video, you'll learn deep secrets about the art of mixing while benefiting from the years of experience that David brings to the table. Topics like radio-ready vocal treatments, EQ'ing rhodes & bass, and mixing your drums to create space, depth, and dimension, are all covered hear.
But the best part of this tutorial is the inside tips and knowledge that David drops along the way. Listening to a veteran of the Motown scene describe why certain mix concepts have come to be is like taking a history lesson in the theory of R&B. If you want your songs to sound like the music on the radio, this tutorial is the best possible place for you to start.
To see a full list of the topics covered in this tutorial, see the Table of Contents.
- Logic 101: Core Logic
- Logic 102: Exploring The EXS24
- Logic 104: Flex Time Editing
- Logic 107: 64-Bit Logic Unleashed
- Logic 201: Steve H's Logic Master Class #1
- Logic 203: Logic's Music-for-Picture Toolbox
- Logic 204: Ultrabeat Unleashed
- Logic 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic 207: Logic's Latency Toolbox
- Logic 208: Exploring the EVP88 and the EVB3
- Logic 209: EVD6 and EFM1: User Guide
- Logic 210: Vocoding With EVOC
- Logic 303: Logic TNT 2 Tips and Tricks
- Logic 304: Logic TNT 3 Tips and Tricks: Reloaded
- Logic 401: Logic's Mastering Toolbox
- Logic 402: Logic's Guitar Recording Toolbox
- Logic 403: Mixing R&B
- Logic 404: Mixing Electronica
- Logic 405: Confessions of a Drum & Bass Producer
- Logic 406: Olav's Electronica Workflow Tricks
- Logic 407: Producing With Folders
- Logic 409: Dubstep Essentials
- Logic 9 First Look: Overview Of Logic 9
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Even though it is not the type of music I would focus on, this was a pretty good tutorial! The guy really knows his stuff.. The before and after examples are amazing!! Def great tips for any genre!!
Your explanation is very clear and detailed, it's really rewarding, thank you very much for this tutorial
My favorite tutorial so far. Particularly the drum mixing. Fantastic.
As a long time GarageBand user, I found this video to be an excellent resource to refer to as I continue to work with GB. Although some of the features are not relevant to GB, the principles totally ARE. One of my favorites!!
Dave, this was excellent and packed with great information. Thank you very, very much. I don't do R&B specifically, but most of the information is still helpful no matter what genre of music.
Very good and clear examples of what he is doing.
Thank you Dave! I appreciate you sharing your insights and experience which I know will prove invaluable to anyone who watches these videos.
Hats off to David Isaac. This video was very helpful and informative. I'm a rock & roll guy but David's insight into how he prepares and mixes projects applies to all genres of music, not just R&B. I would highly recommend this video to others, regardless of your style preference of music. On a separate note, it would be helpful if MacProVideo were to offer transcripts of their videos. I'm going to re-review the Logic 403 video and take notes but would love to have transcripts to refer to instead. Just a suggestion that I think would be helpful to users (and perhaps an additional item to sell).
Great to go through the mix with someone with that much experience!
I was a long time Garage Band and Soundtrack Pro user apprehensive about Logic. This tutorial has given me the confidence and joy of using a pro application that does it all. I tentatively purchased Logic Express initially but I will be upgrading to Logic Pro studio. This was money well spent.
Wow! Truly a great experience to be sitting in on a mix with someone with this depth of knowledge. This tutorial gave me valuable insight as to how I can achieve a first class mix with many types of music. Really Great!
The subtleties of this genre are masterfully covered by David Isaac. I hope to see more from this teacher and would definitely purchase any of his collections. This has been one of the best investments I've made thus far for my production company.
Great. I produce, record, and mix Christian hip-hop, and this tutorial gave me a lot of insight that I can use for the glory of God. Thanks!
GREAT VIDEO FOR THE R&B WORLD, THANKS DAVID FOR SHOWING US HOW TO MIX R&B MUSIC. YOU SPOKE CLEARLY AND TOUCHED ON MANY AREAS THAT WILL HELP BETTER MY PRODUCTION. LOOKING FOWARD TO THE NEXT ONE. THANKS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL THE MACPROVIDEO STAFF, KEEP THE VIDEOS COMING.