- Sep 30th, 2011
This tutorial is free to all MPV members! With the release of Reason 6 Propellerhead has created the ultimate DAW powerhouse! So join Reason expert Hollin Jones in this Quick Start Guide and get a taste of all the cool stuff that this revamped Reason 6 brings to the DAW table...
Reason’s Rack, with its virtual hardware environment, has expanded the audio universe of digital music producers worldwide. Now with its built-in SSL virtual mixer console, advanced MIDI capability and awesome new instruments and effects, Reason 6 takes it to the next galaxy!
In this FREE overview of Reason 6 by Reason expert, Hollin Jones, you get a solid sneak peek at what this kickin’ DAW can do and how its new audio mixer will change the way you make, mix and master your music!
macProVideo.com has one of the largest, most complete library of Reason tutorials on the planet. Subscribe to watch them online or build yourself a downloadable bundle to save up to 50% off the list price!
Check out all our Reason 6 tutorials below:
- Reason 6 101: Quick Start Guide
- Reason 6 102: Reason Fundamentals
- Reason 6 103: Working With MIDI
- Reason 6 104: The Instruments
- Reason 6 105: Working With Audio
- Reason 6 106: FX, EQ, Automation and Mixing
- Reason 6 107: Beat Design Basics
- Reason 6 202: Buffre
- Reason 6 203: The Echo
- Reason 6 204: Pulverizer
- Reason 6 205: Alligator
- Reason 6 206: KONG: King of Drums
- Reason 6 207: Dr. OctoRex: Sonic Surgery
- Reason 6 208: The Combinator
- Reason 6 209: Thor: Master Of All Synths
- Reason 6 401: Reason's Mixing Toolbox
- Reason 6 402: Reason's Mastering Toolbox
- Reason 6 403: Designing Dubstep: Beat by Beat
- Reason 6 404: Recording and Producing Vocals
- Reason 6 405: Twisted Sound Design
- Reason 6 501: Getting up to Speed
- Reason 6 502: Fundamentals
- Reason 6 503: The Effects of Reason
- Reason 6 504: Instrumental to Reason
- Reason 6 505: Advancing your Reason
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
This is a very basic overview of what reason can do. I think it should have been named Reason Overview. Calling this tutorial a Quick Start Guide is a bit misleading.
great tutorial, it really got me up to speed when it came to the basics of reason 6, even thought I do own reason 6.5 I highly recommend it if you are new to this software.
Nice overview of Reason. Covers all the basics - midi, audio, sampling, plugins, recording, mixers, etc.
I'm pretty excited about these videos so far. I have been using Cubase 5 for quite awhile and the string and keyboard patches stick and hang on and I just got sick of it. I switched totally over to Reason 6.5 and I am looking forward to Reason 7 and the Group Channel addition to the software. These videos are great and I am hoping for some in depth instruction on mixing and mastering. We'll see but either way I'm sure I will learn a ton about how to use Reason and make the most of the many features.
Great overview Hollin has a very nice easy way of showing without getting over excited. I shall deffinately be moving through all the sections.
Hollin Jones is a calm, clear and informative voice on the subject of Reason. These tutorials are the main reason (no pun intended!) I joined MPV. I intend to work my way through the lot!
Nice job guys! It's always a pleasure to watch your tutorial videos! Also i have to say that macProVideo impress me for another "Reason" this time...in fact, Reason 6 was available worldwide at the end of september and...your tutorials too!!! Congratulations and long life to macProVideo... =)