Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Oct 6th, 2011
New in Reason 6 is Alligator. Join G.W. Childs as he wrestles the sound out of this beast and shows you what this fearsome effects device can do...
What do you get when you put gates, filters, patterns and FX into a single device? You get a plugin with major teeth that’ll bite right through your mixes! That’s because Alligator is about making any track into a beat track. Got a pad? Make it percussive! It’s about chopping. It’s about sonic slicing and dicing.
In this tutorial, our own in-house Alligator wrestler G.W. Childs takes you through every aspect of this reptilian rack device from its 3-way split head to its processor-packed tail. Along the way you’ll see how all of Alligator’s sections work together to turn any audio input into the most innovative, chopped-up, filtered, beat-driven, panned and processed track anywhere this side of the sonic swamp!
So join G.W. and see how you whip up some dangerous beats with Reason’s cool new crocodilian rack effect, Alligator. Just be aware of all those teeth!
macProVideo.com has one of the largest and most complete library of Reason tutorials on the planet. Subscribe to watch them online or build yourself a downloadable bundle to save up to 50% off the list price!
Check out all our Reason 6 tutorials below:
- Reason 6 101: Quick Start Guide
- Reason 6 102: Reason Fundamentals
- Reason 6 103: Working With MIDI
- Reason 6 104: The Instruments
- Reason 6 105: Working With Audio
- Reason 6 106: FX, EQ, Automation and Mixing
- Reason 6 107: Beat Design Basics
- Reason 6 202: Buffre
- Reason 6 203: The Echo
- Reason 6 204: Pulverizer
- Reason 6 205: Alligator
- Reason 6 206: KONG: King of Drums
- Reason 6 207: Dr. OctoRex: Sonic Surgery
- Reason 6 208: The Combinator
- Reason 6 209: Thor: Master Of All Synths
- Reason 6 401: Reason's Mixing Toolbox
- Reason 6 402: Reason's Mastering Toolbox
- Reason 6 403: Designing Dubstep: Beat by Beat
- Reason 6 404: Recording and Producing Vocals
- Reason 6 405: Twisted Sound Design
- Reason 6 501: Getting up to Speed
- Reason 6 502: Fundamentals
- Reason 6 503: The Effects of Reason
- Reason 6 504: Instrumental to Reason
- Reason 6 505: Advancing your Reason
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Couldn't really have a better tutorial for Reason's Alligator! Short and to the point while leaving no feature untouched!
This course was quick and to the point. Childs did a fantastic job of putting together all the key elements of the Alligator and leaving out everything that wasn't 100% important.
Another great lesson on Reason, this one on the mind boggling Alligator device. So many ideas to explore as Mr. Childs gave me a variety useful tasks that Alligator can handle with ease. Bravo G. W Childs IV, and thank you! I eagerly await part two.
Wonderful effect and tutorial. Alligator is really helpful tool for intros, drum fills and many more musical situations. I'm still want more. More combinator examples and real use basics. But my overall rate for this Reason 6 tutorial is 5. Great job guys. As always...
If your looking at the Alligator and thinking to your self "where do i even begin".Don't worry because G.W .Childs is on the case once more to guild you through 60 minutes of rhythmic ecstasy.I only wish this tutorial was longer but that is a compliment probably the best compliment any one can say about a tutorial.Maybe there will be another Alligator tutorial in the future. Thoroughly recommend this tutorial to any reason 6 user.