Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Feb 6th, 2012
In this latest Reason 6 tutorial, Dubstep producer Hollin Jones takes you on a journey from the first note to the final master. Learn how to produce a Dubstep track in Reason!
How often do you get to watch a Master at work? In this tutorial you're in the virtual studio with Dubstep producer Hollin Jones where you'll witness the creation of an electronic dance masterpiece using Reason 6. This adventure begins with Hollin exploring ideas as he looks for inspiration from the tempo and the beats. Watch as he experiments with different loops and patterns and builds the rhythmic foundation of his Dubstep composition.
From there he moves on to the melodic part of the production process. This is where you'll learn all about bass sequencing including Hollin's take on creating the infamous Wobble Bass sound. Next he'll add some piano, do some automation editing, and create some guitar tracks enhanced with FX. The section that follows is all about adding those all-important sonic flourishes that become the glue holding the composition together.
This whole adventure comes to a musical climax as you sit right next to Hollin while he mixes and masters his newly-born Dubstep track. So if you want to learn all about Dubstep and get an education in track production in the process, this tutorial will get you there!
Be sure to check out all of our ever-expanding library of Reason 6 tutorials below and learn everything there is to know about producing music and creating sound in this awesome DAW! Build a bundle and save up to 50% on the download price
- Reason 6 101: Quick Start Guide
- Reason 6 102: Reason Fundamentals
- Reason 6 103: Working With MIDI
- Reason 6 104: The Instruments
- Reason 6 105: Working With Audio
- Reason 6 106: FX, EQ, Automation and Mixing
- Reason 6 107: Beat Design Basics
- Reason 6 202: Buffre
- Reason 6 203: The Echo
- Reason 6 204: Pulverizer
- Reason 6 205: Alligator
- Reason 6 206: KONG: King of Drums
- Reason 6 207: Dr. OctoRex: Sonic Surgery
- Reason 6 208: The Combinator
- Reason 6 209: Thor: Master Of All Synths
- Reason 6 401: Reason's Mixing Toolbox
- Reason 6 402: Reason's Mastering Toolbox
- Reason 6 403: Designing Dubstep: Beat by Beat
- Reason 6 404: Recording and Producing Vocals
- Reason 6 405: Twisted Sound Design
- Reason 6 501: Getting up to Speed
- Reason 6 502: Fundamentals
- Reason 6 503: The Effects of Reason
- Reason 6 504: Instrumental to Reason
- Reason 6 505: Advancing your Reason
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
I thought this course was for people who have had a lot of Reason experience but it was not, so it was somewhat tedious, but it would of been FANTASTIC had I been new to the world of Reason.
This tutorial felt a bit rushed and incomplete. For example, I think Hollon forgot to monitor the audio out of the program for video #37. I wish the track was a little more "fleshed out". All in all, some good techniques used here.
Some great parts in this tutorial, Hollin is a great instructor. I do feel that it focused too much on the features of reason (which are explained in depth in other earlier tutorials) and not enough on the design and creative process of EQ'ing and Mixing. Also one of the latter parts does not have audio, clearly Hollin can hear it but it is not present in the video. Cheers 4*