Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Dec 23rd, 2010
In this tutorial the audio experts at Singing Canary reveal the secrets of getting those platinum sounding drum sounds every band covets ... elevate your tracks to next level with this 2-hour tutorial!
Recording the the sound and energy of the drum kit is essential knowledge that you’ve got to know if you're going to be making great sounding tracks. In this tutorial the audio experts at Singing Canary bring you into the studio and share with you everything they know about capturing the essence of the drums.
This tutorial features producer Greg Haver and engineer Clint Murphy. Greg has worked with artists such as Super Furry Animals, Catatonia, Lost Prophets, Bullet For My Valentine, and Manic Street Preachers. Clint is an award winning recording/mix engineer with numerous chart successes in the UK, Europe and New Zealand.
With Greg and Clint leading the way you’ll learn about drum kit set up and tuning. Then you’re off to explore all the different kinds microphones and mic placement techniques from single mic to multi-mic setups. You’ll learn to capture all the individual drums from the kick, to the snare, and toms. With the drum tracks are recorded, you'll move on to explore expert techniques for recording the overheads, and room.
All recording requires software, so the tutorial moves on to a detailed section on phase relationships, multi-track comping and editing. Finally, there’s an in-depth look at the techniques involved in drum replacement editing.
Recording Drums is an essential part of of our Art of Audio Recording series. No matter what DAW you use to produce your tracks after watching this tutorial your drum tracks will sound like they were recorded by a world class engineer. And best of all, that engineer is YOU!
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Introduction to Recording
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Drums
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Guitars
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Vocals
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: From Demo to Master
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: The Mix
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Recording Strings
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Touring An SSL Console
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Dynamics
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: Spatial Effects
- (The) Art of Audio Recording: EQ
- Analog Mixing Consoles: Layout, Signal Flow and I/O
- Greg Townley: Sonic Dimension in Mixing
- Greg Townley: Sonic Dimension: Expanded
- Jordan Rudess: Keyboard Wizdom
- Recording The Grand Piano: The Dave Brubeck Sessions
- Rich Tozzoli: Mix Digital, Sound Analog!
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Great course i learned so much in this course like phase releations and mic placements, and did Clint on the shorcuts great.
Nice, informative course, full with valuable informations ! Interesting tips about mic techniques, drum preparing and mixing tips too.
Nice coverage of the basics of drum recording and mixing. Wish to have more in depth lesson on Phase.
Good intro on recording drums. I really liked the discussion of prepping the drums for recording - tuning, etc. I wish there had been more discussion on recording with less expensive mic kits.
A comprehensive guide to recording the drums from basic one mike technique to the whole shebang. The tutor clearly knows his craft and explains what he has learned over the years in a language that everyone should find easy to understand. Recommended.
There is a lot to learn here for anyone wanting to learn how to record drums. This is the best tutorial I have seen on this topic.
A complex problem made so simple because the teachers know their course material. Makes learning an enjoyable process but best of all you learn at your pace not at someone elses! Keep it coming-i am sure the best are yet to come in this series of recording.
Absolutely brilliant. Extremely helpful. I've only watched a couple videos and I've already learned more in that time than I've known in the past 5 years. Please keep tackling these recording videos. Maybe get other producers too? John Feldmann?
I've only watched a few videos, and all ready i've learned so much! This is a MUST if you are recording or even thinking about recording drums. Everything from tunning to mic placement is explained with exciting detail in this tutorial. MacProVideos PLEASE keep them coming!