Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Oct 4th, 2011
Lightning strikes and thunder rolls as G.W. Childs explores the vast depths of Reason’s awesome Master of All Synths: Thor!
Thor is the biggest, baddest synth in the Reason rack, and Thor’s sonic secrets are unveiled for the first time anywhere by veteran Thor sound designer G.W. Childs.
While Thor is an extremely advanced digital synthesizer, it is built looking back at basic analog synthesizer modules. G.W. takes you through Thor’s complex kingdom, knob by knob, diving beneath the GUI to uncover the sonic mysteries of this divine virtual synth.
If you're new to sound design, this couldn't be a better time to learn : as G.W. explores the mysteries of Thor you'll learn important sound design principles and see how synthesizer modules worktogether to create sound.
If you’re an experienced synthesist this tutorial will inspire you to dig deeper into the depths of this deep synth. So Join G.W. on an aural journey into the kingdom of the mythological Master of All Synths: Thor!
This tutorial, originally created in Reason 5, is forward-compatible with Reason 6 and beyond.
macProVideo.com has one of the largest and most complete library of Reason tutorials on the planet. Subscribe to watch them online or build yourself a downloadable bundle to save up to 50% off the list price!
Check out all our Reason 6 tutorials below:
- Reason 6 101: Quick Start Guide
- Reason 6 102: Reason Fundamentals
- Reason 6 103: Working With MIDI
- Reason 6 104: The Instruments
- Reason 6 105: Working With Audio
- Reason 6 106: FX, EQ, Automation and Mixing
- Reason 6 107: Beat Design Basics
- Reason 6 202: Buffre
- Reason 6 203: The Echo
- Reason 6 204: Pulverizer
- Reason 6 205: Alligator
- Reason 6 206: KONG: King of Drums
- Reason 6 207: Dr. OctoRex: Sonic Surgery
- Reason 6 208: The Combinator
- Reason 6 209: Thor: Master Of All Synths
- Reason 6 401: Reason's Mixing Toolbox
- Reason 6 402: Reason's Mastering Toolbox
- Reason 6 403: Designing Dubstep: Beat by Beat
- Reason 6 404: Recording and Producing Vocals
- Reason 6 405: Twisted Sound Design
- Reason 6 501: Getting up to Speed
- Reason 6 502: Fundamentals
- Reason 6 503: The Effects of Reason
- Reason 6 504: Instrumental to Reason
- Reason 6 505: Advancing your Reason
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Thor offers tons of possibilities and this course helped me understood basics applications as well as more advanced stuff.
Amazing course. Covers a moderate amount of synth information, modulation routing, sequencing, and goes into further detail about shaping your own sounds. Great introduction to basic synth procedures.
These type of tutorials always amaze me!! Verrry complete with a lottttta great tips for sound design and creative possibilities! Great instruction Mr. G Dub! Good gig MacPro
A lot fantastic lessons on Thor, especially some really inspirational features that you could quite possibly come up with a quick idea on implementing those ideas into your tracks... nice one G.W!
Fantastic and very useful story about Thor. Last 4 part are simply amazing and inspiriting! I just want more. Thank you.
This was an amazing review and tutorial on this beast of a synth. I finally got how to tame this thing. Forget using subtractor or malstom purely because its easier just to route cv and audio behind them. If you don't know how to use this synth.... You will soon.