Hot on the heels of their RD-808 prototype jam last month, Behringer are back showing off the next big drum machine they're working on... a clone of the iconic TR-909.
As promised at the end of the video of the RD-808, TR-808 clone, on 08-08-2018, Behringer have released a sneak peek of their upcoming Roland TR-909 drum machine clone, named the RD-909.
We were hoping for a video demo, but we'll have to be satisfied for now with a rather nice photo instead. Do remember this is still a prototype as you can tell from the hand-written snippets in places. Evidently, the bass drum still might have a drive and a pitch control and the hi hats may have a tune control too.
We suspect the RD-909 will feature individual outputs for every drum sound. You can see from the photo that there's an analog filter included too. And of course, there's a step sequencer will plenty of options and performance controls too.
These are the probable features so far... we've not heard anything official from Behringer on the price for the RD-909 or availability...
RHYTHM DESIGNER RD-909
- Recreation of one of the most sought after and influential drum machines
- 10 original drum sounds: Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Low Tom, Mid Tom, High Tom, Rim-Shot, Hand-Clap, Cymbal, Open-Hat, Closed-Hat
- Complete control over voice dynamics with per voice accent and flam
- 64-step sequencer with storage of up to 64 patterns and 16 songs with continuously variable swing
- Integrated Wave Designer with individual attack and sustain controls for studio quality drum sound
- Integrated dual mode filter with dedicated frequency and resonance controls for huge sound shaping options
- 10 independent analog outputs to record your patterns as multi-track audio
- Easily readable 7-segment 4-character LED display for tempo with dedicated tap tempo button
- 16 authentic step pads with bold, full-color LEDs
- Up to 99 loop measures of each pattern change with 16 pattern changes per song
- Songs can be chained together for expanded compositions
- Unique Auto Scroll feature for extremely easy operation
- Comprehensive Midi In/Out/Thru and USB implementation for synchronization and connection to external devices
- Per-Track Solo and Mute for enhanced realtime control
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal
- Powerful headphone and L/R main outputs on 1/4” TRS connectors
- 3-Year Warranty Program