Avantone's CLA-10 passive monitors get a new powered option and there's also the new CLA-200 power amp to go with them. Could it be a match made in sonic heaven?
Avantone's CLA-10 passive studio monitors certainly remind us of a studio classic staple that many musicians will have come across in their careers. Designed in conjunction with the expertise of mixer Chris Lord Alge, the CLA10 studio monitors are the faithful modern reproduction of the most iconic studio monitor of the last 30 years. Mix with the studio monitors that truly define "the sound of hits". We got to have a word with the guys at the NAMM show and found out more about the CLA-10s, the new powered CLA-10 A option with an internal amp, and the CLA-200 external power amp.
Specifications Of The CLA-10 Passive
- System Type: Passive - full-range two-way stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 60Hz-20,000Hz (Accessible musical range)
- Power Capacity: Program – 60W, Maximum – 120W
- Sensitivity: 90dB SPL (1W, 1m on axis)
- Components: Low Frequency: AV10-MLF 18cm cone. High Frequency: AV10-MHF 3.5cm soft dome
- Cabinet: 10.4 liter sealed design, 18mm MDF with real wood veneer
- Cabinet Dimensions: 381.5mm x 215mm x197.5mm ( 15”x 8 ½”x 7- ¾ ” )
- Cabinet Weight: 6.3kg / 13.9 Lbs (each)