Powerful new software provides 'mix and match' operation between Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo audio interfaces, new UAD plug-ins, and a reimagined Console 2.0 interface with more new features.
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA '¢ January 22, 2015 '" Universal Audio is proud to announce Apollo Expanded software, coming exclusively for Apollo audio interfaces as part of UAD Software v8.0, to be released in March 2015.
With Apollo Expanded, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can freely combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices '" adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows. Apollo Expanded also marks the introduction of Console 2.0 software, giving Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo users dynamic new workflow options, with more than 25 new user-requested features.
The Universal Audio Interface and Software family all in one place.
Apollo Expanded '" Key Features:
- 'Mix and Match' up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Simple Thunderbolt cable connection between units
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system
- New Flex Driver lets users customize Core Audio I/O '" name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos
- Add an Apollo Twin for desktop monitor control as well as additional DSP and connectivity
Console 2.0 Software '" Key Features:
- New high-resolution / Retina-compatible 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos
- Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains
- Numerous monitoring improvements including Alternate Monitors, new Control Room functions, and enhanced headphone cue management
- New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality
- Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality
- Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching
- Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters
Apollo Expanded is part of upcoming UAD Software v8.0, which, in addition to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility, also adds all-new plug-in categories to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform. Following are the new UAD v8.0 plug-ins:
Sound MachineÂ® Wood WorksÂ® Plug-In '" $299
- Lets acoustic guitar piezo pickups sound like a studio-miked acoustic
- Get rich acoustic sounds in noisy environments or when high-quality miking is not possible
- Re-voice the source guitar's resonance and acoustic properties live or at mixdown
- Freedom to re-mic during mixing, changing and adding microphones as needed
Sound Machine Wood Works.
UA Distortion Essentials Plug-In Bundle '" $249
- Features the legendary Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808, Raw Distortionâ„¢ (based on the vintage early-80s Pro Co Rat), and Bermuda Triangle (based on the early 70s-era) Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi) plug-ins*
- Harnesses Unisonâ„¢ technology to precisely emulate the circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points of the original stompboxes
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 in the UA Distortion Essentials.
Antares Auto-Tune Live Plug-In '" $249
- Realtime pitch correction and manipulation with iconic Auto-Tune effect
- Incredibly low latency for instant response, onstage or in the studio
Antares AutoTune Live
Friedman Amplifiers Plug-In Collection by Brainworx '" $249
- Includes spot-on emulations of the industry-leading Friedman DS40 and Friedman BE100 guitar amplifiers
- Audition 66 different Recording Chains to match the perfect tone to the part
- Fine-tune sounds with an onboard FX Rack that includes a noise gate, EQ filter controls, and host-syncable lo-fi delay
- Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo Audio Interfaces
Apollo Expanded Software will be available in March 2015 at www.uaudio.com.
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: