Apple Unleashes Logic Pro X 10.6.2: Here's What's New
Primarily a bug fix update, Logic Pro 10.6.2 fixes a variety of issues for Apple's flagship DAW, including an issue where high-latency plug-ins could cause timing issues for automation and more.
Here's what's new in Apple's Logic Pro 10.6.2:
Stability and reliability
- Fixes an issue where Logic Pro may quit unexpectedly when using Bass Amp Designer under Rosetta 2 on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Improved stability when using Audio Units running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Logic Pro no longer becomes unresponsive when quickly changing presets on the Vintage Organ.
- Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when renaming Arrangement Markers after a Marker Set has been created
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Explode Folders is selected for a folder in the Score.
- Large sample-based instruments now load more quickly.
- The playhead no longer appears to be stuck when playback is started after the computer wakes from sleep.
- Performance is improved in large projects in which the Console 1 Lua script is installed.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- Manually created slices in Quick Sampler are now properly assigned to pads when converted to a Drum Machine Designer kit.
- Optimizing the Loop Start/End in Quick Sampler now updates the loop playback range as expected.
- Automating Smart Controls to modulate Envelope 1 Attack in Sampler now sounds correct when the display shows the value returned to 0.
- MIDI Live Loops cells that are set to Play from Playhead Position now play back in sync when triggered while the project is playing.
- Resolves an issue in which some multi-output Audio Unit software instruments showed more outputs than were actually available.
- MIDI effect Audio Unit plug-ins running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon now output MIDI as expected.
- Controls View is now available on Audio Units running natively on on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- Performance is improved when streaming audio to Elektron hardware using the Elektron Overbridge plug-in.
- The Mixer now displays correctly after Hide buttons on several tracks have been enabled.
- Fixes an issue where high latency plug-ins could cause timing issues for Side Chain routing and automation
- Time Machine volumes can no longer be selected as the destination when relocating the Sound Library.
- Resolves an issue in which relocating the Sound Library to an external drive was not possible.
- Automation of toggled parameters for Audio Unit plug-ins now work as expected.
- Export and bounce
- Regions that are bounced in place are now named based on the Track, rather than the Channel Strip.
- Edits applied with the Fade tool to multiple selected regions now work as expected.
- Fixes an issue where touching the Limiter level parameter in the Smart Controls can cause an unexpected drop in level.
- The names of sub-tracks in a software instrument track stack now display properly.
MIDI controllers and control surfaces
- Resolves several issues with Lua script support for control surfaces.
- When a Drum Machine Designer track is selected, control surfaces now display the channel strip as Drum Machine Designer instead of displaying the name of the audio plug-in on the first insert slot.
- If the left and right locators are set to the same position and Cycle is enabled, putting Logic Pro into play mode now disables Cycle.
- Fixes an issue where the playhead might not respond correctly after the Mac wakes from sleep.
- A highlighted Marquee section is now dismissed after it is Option-dragged to copy the selection.
- Marquee selections are now deselected after the Repeat function is used.
This update 10.6.2 is free for existing owners of Logic Pro 10.6. Download the update from the Mac App Store.
Learn Logic Pro at macProVideo.