So, you've been waiting for a Mac version of FL Studio for, like... forever, right! Well, good news. The Alpha version (pre-BETA) of FL Studio 12 for Mac is available for you to try/test.
Image Line are working on a Native OS X version of FL Studio 12. 'It is not a Windows application in disguise,' Scott from FL Studio tells us! Once you've done a merry dance in celebration, you can head over to the FL forums to test it out.
Yes, in case you missed that. This is a NATIVE (not wrapped) version for Mac OS X.
Here's a screenshot of the Mac version in action.
Here's a couple of notes from the east page to get you excited:
Notable things that DO NOT WORK yet:
- Drag-drop from browser tree. (workaround: right click in tree and select from popup menu)
- VST/AU plugins (only the included FL plugins are supported)
- Ogg-encoded wav files (we are working on it. .ogg files load fine though)
- Using multiple monitors (so far only working on primary monitor)
- MIDI input/output
- Proper retina scaling (now it scales so pixels are doubled in retina mode)
The following plugins SHOULD WORK:
- 3x Osc
- Control Surface
- Fruity Delay Bank
- Fruity Flangus
- Fruity Limiter
- Fruity Love Philter
- Fruity Parametric EQ 2
- Fruity Reeverb 2
- Fruity WaveShaper
- Gross Beat