Win Serato goodies too...
Check the video course and learn how the original version was produced in Dubway Studios, New York. Then download the stems and remix the same song. Can you make a better mix, or will you go wild and take it in a completely new direction altogether? The choice is yours!
TASTY! There's fantastic prizes provided by our generous partner, iZotope, who create some of the most mind-blowing instrument and effect plug-ins period.
- 1st place: Alloy 2, Trash 2, Stutter Edit, Serato T-Shirt + a 1 Year Online Subscription to macProVideo.com.
- 2nd place : Alloy 2, Stutter Edit, Serato USB Stick + a 6 month Subscription to macProVideo.com and
- 3rd place : Alloy 2, Serato USB Stick + a 3 month Subscription to macProVideo.com.
Whether you win or not, here is your chance to share your musical excellence with the world!
Contest ends on Midnight PST, January 20, 2013. Results will be announced on The MPVHub shortly after! Good luck!
How To Enter
1. Download the stems and get remixing!
2. Upload your finished remixes using the SoundCloud submissions box below. (You'll need a free SoundCloud account).
3. Listen to and vote for your favorite remix entries in the player below.
... and Hired Gun, DJ Boo and Dubways will personally select the top 3 winners. Winners will be announced on (or soon after) January 20th, 2013!
About The SongCraft Tutorial
One song AND only one day to professionally produce a song! Can it be done? Are we crazy? Find out as the pros at Dubway Studios in NYC take you on a recording and mixing adventure in this 3rd edition of our Docu-Tutorial series we call SongCraft!
Sit back and watch as Ben Arthur and team nurture Hired Gun & DJ Boo's song, Is This Happening to life, tracking keyboards, bass, drums, guitars and vocals; all with our expert MPV camera team in tow, documenting the whole process every step of the way. And, as the day proceeds, the team somehow finds the time to teach you lots of recording tips and tricks.
You’ll learn all about studio production, microphone techniques, arranging, mixing and plug-ins from iZotope, and also featuring Serato.
Our partner for this remix contest, iZotope, creates the tastiest hardware and plug-ins that professional musicians can simply not live without. Its award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people in over 50 countries, from consumers to musicians to major film, TV, and radio studios. Some of the diverse clients include musical giants like BT, Depeche Mode, and RZA of Wu-Tang Clan; radio stations like Boston's iconic WGBH; and TV programming like CBS's Survivor, the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch, the World Cup broadcast, and the GRAMMY awards.
Serato creates world leading audio software for professional DJs and musicians. Serato is based in New Zealand and has partnerships with many highly regarded hardware, software, and record industry companies worldwide.
is a high tech, online video education community specializing in everything music from recording, mixing and music theory to expert training on world's leading audio software including Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Native Instruments, Reason, Cubase, and more! Our entire library is available online, 24/7 so you learn what you want, when you want. macProVideo.com.
What would you like to learn today?
Terms And Conditions
- Entries must be submitted to the SoundCloud Dropbox above. You'll need a free SoundCloud account to participate. We advise that submitted tracks should be set to 'public'. If you wish the download option can be disabled.
- The closing date for entries is midnight, PST on January 20th, 2013. We reserve the right to alter the stated competition dates and the announcement date of the winning entries.
- Winners will be selected by Hired Gun & DJ Boo and/or Dubway Studio team. The judges decision is final.
- No cash alternatives can be offered for prize winners.
- All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved.
- Entrants must warrant that their entries are original work and do not infringe intellectual property and privacy of a third party. You are free to use sounds that were created by you and/or royalty free loops.The submitting party bears full responsibility for their use of any 'uncleared' content. 'Uncleared' content is defined as a sample, loop or audio file which you didn't create, or which you do not own the copyright of.
- Entrants agree that their entries can be used, without additional rights being requested, in any associated SongCraft series video course created by macProVideo.com, AskVideo.com and any of their partners for online and download distribution.
- All entrants to this contest will be deemed to have accepted the rules and terms and conditions.
Now we're done with the legal speak… Good luck creating amazing remixes!