So you want to add Afro-Latin percussive groove to your productions? Need some shakers, cabasa, claves and more? All in 24-bit loops and single hit fx? Welcome to the Wave Alchemy take. Read on...
Wave Alchemy has announced the release of Afro-Latin Percussion – an exciting new collection of acoustic percussion loops and organic rhythms, perfect for layering with existing one-shot drum hits or building your own percussive ensembles.
Afro-Latin Percussion Vol 1 focuses on 'light' Afro-Latin percussion instruments including; multiple shakers, cabasa, guiro, claves, sticks, bells, wood blocks and more...
What’s included in the sample pack?
- 683 24-bit, 100% royalty-free acoustic percussion loops and single hits arranged into 4 main sections:
1. Percussion Loops – Raw
- 588 authentic Afro-Latin percussion loops and fills, carefully recorded at 126 BPM using a well thought-out selection of high-end microphones and pre-amps. In order to capture the authentic sound, dynamics and energy of Ed’s playing technique, the loops, fills and performances in this folder have been left completely ‘raw’, with only very minor editing and zero post processing
- 31 cabasa loops
- 41 clave loops
- 155 cowbell loops – featuring multiple expressive rhythms and fills from a variety of different percussive bells
- 49 guiro and cricket loops/fx
- 65 mixed percussive ensembles – featuring carefully layered performances from multiple sound sources to create expressive rhythmic ensembles and layered loops/fills
- 16 caxixi loops
- 36 maraca loops
- 27 shekere loops
- shaker loops – featuring a wealth of patterns from 13 different shakers and toys
- 22 stick loops
- 24 tambourine loops
- 9 triangle loops
- 53 woodblock loops
2. Percussion loops – Time Corrected
- 456 time-corrected percussion loops - carefully created by editing the ‘raw’ percussion loops and performances
- The loops in this folder have been specifically created for those producers who require ‘machine tight’ timing in their music. Each loop has been time-corrected by carefully editing and moving individual transients/hits from within the performances
3. Percussion Loops – Rex
- 515 REX2 loops created from the ‘raw’ percussion loops and performances
4. Single Hits & FX
- 95 one-shot percussion hits and FX samples, recorded completely dry, leaving lots of headroom for post processing
- 16 clave samples
- 41 cowbell/bells samples
- 16 percussive FX samples
- 7 triangle samples
- 15 woodblock samples
- 5 sampler patches/kits in SFZ, Battery, Reason NN-XT and Kontakt formats
Price: £27.95 ($45.00)
Wave Alchemy Afro Latin Percussion Vol 1
Find out more about The Making of Afro-Latin Percussion Part here.