WaveDNA Releases Liquid Music 1.6.3. Here's What's New
In the new update for WaveDNA's Liquid Music you'll find bug fixes, workflow enhancements, better analysis and MIDI import for VST. Here's more info on Liquid Music 1.6.3.
WaveDNA has announced Liquid Music v1.6.3 featuring MIDI Import for VST and a host of UI and usability upgrades.
The list below summarizes the new features, workflow improvements, and bug fixes included in the latest version of Liquid Music.
- MIDI Import for VST
- Importer Analysis improvements: Key Analysis results improved drastically after retooling algorithm; said retooling has resulted in faster analysis and more accurate handling of empty bars.
- Fixed system spelling of Pentatonic Minor and Blues Scales.
- Better product separation in Context Help
- Grey overlay and “Import Clip” button for AMXD preceding the analysis window has been implemented.
- View Menu: Reorganization and better siloing of menu items for more sensible and easier navigation
- Added Context Help entries
- Removed Clip Selector, Clip Label, and certain View Menu entries pertaining to the Max for Live plugin from LM VST
- Improved consistency in Menu labeling.
Known Issues and Limitations
- Playing a few in-app tutorial help videos in a row can cause a crash.
- Liquid Music’s application icon (in the dock and in the Cmd-Tab application switcher) is titled as “LiquidRhythm.” (This is an unfortunate and challenging bug that we will eventually fix.)
- Ableton Push 2 controller is incompatible with Liquid Music.
- Activating ‘independent loop’ mode in Liquid Music can occasionally cause the playhead to disappear or disconnect from your host DAW’s playhead. (Playback works normally.)
- In ‘Rhythm Tools’ mode, the Velocity sliders in the Accent Modifiers panel occasionally do not function predictably and can cause an error to occur.
- Clicking on the “website” link in the “About” window can cause an error to occur on some versions of OSX Yosemite.
- When in audition mode on the Chords panel, and the audition mode is set to “chords,” the highest note plays but all other notes in the chord may cut off.
- Dragging and dropping a BeatForm from the Molecule Tool’s BeatForm Pallette into the Rhythm track (in ‘Harmony Tools’ mode) can cause notes to be generated at the bottom-most MIDI note (C-2).
- Some reports have been submitted about failure to use Liquid Music with the Lemur MIDI script for Liquid Rhythm.
- Liquid Music’s Max for Live plugin should not be run in the same Ableton session as Liquid Rhythm or Liquid Music VST / AU plugins.
- Apple Logic users: Liquid Music only works with Logic Pro X and up. (It loads as a MIDI FX plugin.) The AU does not currently work in GarageBand.
Known Issues and Limitations – Liquid Music: Rhythm mode VST / AU / Standalone
- User can’t click+drag on track headers to rearrange tracks.
- Loading a BeatForm into the BeatForm Circuit, and then double-clicking it, may cause an error.
- Clicking ‘Surprise Me’ in the Randomizer panel in the Molecule Tools may cause an error.
- Using a MIDI Mapping file created on a different operating system would lead to crashes. For instance, MacOSX has the ‘CMD’ key, and attempting to use that through MIDI mapping on Windows OS would cause a crash. This is specific to MIDI mapping files that has ‘Mappable Commands’ saved within them. They are not cross platform. This will be addressed in a future release.
- Liquid Rhythm Standalone may not launch for Windows 8 users. Right-click on the application and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- Option-clicking on a pattern to audition it (in the BarForm or BeatForm Maps) will not audition if the BeatWeaver is not open.
- Overdub recording mode is glitchy, and real-time MIDI recording has some lag.
- Repeatedly pressing Undo during MIDI record can cause Liquid Rhythm to crash.
- Liquid Rhythm may be unresponsive when computer goes to sleep and wakes.
- MIDI Mapping track-specific controls (such as volume, solo, mute) can be lost after quitting Liquid Rhythm and relaunching.
- Ableton Push 2 controller is incompatible with Liquid Rhythm.
- Liquid Rhythm is not AAX compatible
- Liquid Rhythm is not RTAS compatible.