Take a tour of file management in FL Studio, from adding your own folders to locating missing files, project folders and backups to backing up and migrating your FL Studio data.
In this video, Image Line's own FL Studio Guru shows you how to add your own samples, files and folders to the FL Studio browser. You'll also explore the User Data folder why it exists and what’s in it.
If you open a project and some, or all, Channel buttons are red or a plugin instrument is replaced with an empty channel (and you are sure it's not a 'trial' plugin), this means the samples or instruments nominated for those channels can't be found.
This video will help you find it.
Topics covered in the video above:
- The Browser and your files and folders
- Adding your own folders
- File settings options and management
- Renaming folders
- Removing folders
- Locating missing files
- Finding what folder a file is in
- User data folder - Your created files .. Documents / Image-Line / FL Studio.
- Projects folder & Backups
- Moving the User data folder location
- Backing up and migrating your FL Studio data
- Warning about Cloud backup (OneDrive, iCloud etc).
For more from FL Studio Guru check out the FL Studio YouTube channel here.
Dive into our in-depth FL Studio courses at AskAudio & macProVideo