MethodRed MIDIPlayer X 2.1 Makes It Easy To Play MIDI Files Through Software & Hardware
If you want to play MIDI files quickly and easily on your Mac, with the choice of running the MIDI through MIDI compatible software or hardware, then MIDIPlayer X 2.1 is worth investigating.
IRVINE, CA, June 27, 2016 – MethodRed has updated MIDIPlayer X, their popular MIDI file player for the Mac, to v2.1.
MIDIPlayer X is a fast, easy way to play MIDI files on your Mac. It works with virtually all commercial MIDI hardware and software, and will play any MIDI file to your choice of available MIDI outputs, either hardware or software, or to its own built-in GM-compatible virtual synth.
“MIDIPlayer X plays MIDI files without the need to open a large, complicated DAW”, says MethodRed founder Doug Hanson. “Its a simple, yet powerful, app that thousands of musicians choose for their MIDI needs”.
What’s New in Version 2.1
- New counter mode for minutes : seconds, in addition to the standard bars : beats.
- New shortcut for convenient access to Audio MIDI Setup utility.
- Fixed a bug that caused muted tracks to not show as muted when reloaded.
- Updated key commands.
Key Standard Features
- Plays any Standard MIDI File
- Works with your MIDI hardware and software
- Built-in GM-compatible synth
- Simple drag and drop operation
Selecting outputs in MIDIPlayer X is a click away.
- Rewind, fast forward, and jump to any timeline location
- Mute and Solo channels
- Tempo control
- Counter format
- Load multiple files and folders via drag and drop
- Save customized MIDI files
- Audio MIDI Setup shortcut
System Requirements & Pricing
MIDIPlayer X requires Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.
MIDIPlayer X v2.1 is a free upgrade for current owners. MIDIPlayer X is now available in the Mac App Store for $1.99.