macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Papercut
    Question about recording levels
    Hello. I just noticed the Live 6 video is out. Awesome. I'm going to get at it as soon as I'm done posting here. In the mean time, I have a question... I use Live 6 for recording vocals a lot. The Live mixer only show if the levels are clipping (red) or not (green), right? Is there a way to see in more detail how hot/cold the incoming levels are (post A/D stage) in Live? If not, is there a good utility you recommend? Thanks. Alright, going to get the Live 6 video now..
  • Martin Delaney
    Re: Question about recording levels
    Hiya papercut...forgive if I'm telling you something you know already; the mixer in Live 6's session view is scalable, and gives a lot more info than the mixer in previous versions. It have a peak level indicator, which continous updates to show the latest peak, and can be reset at any time by clicking on it. Does this help? You can't view the expanded mixer in session view, but just hit 'tab' to switch between views. I would prefer to be able to view the expanded mixer in either view - maybe in Live 7! :-)
  • Papercut
    Re: Question about recording levels
    Wow. No, I didn't know that. I just tested it out, and that's exactly what I was looking for. I never use session when I'm tracking, but I guess I'm going to be using it from now on when checking levels. I wish they made this feature available in arrangement as well, though. Thanks a bunch for the tip, and also for the Live 6 video.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: