macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sky
    MIDI Ableton Help....
    Hi, Using Ableton Live 6 and currently have an Access Virus TI setup correctly and working with ableton connected via USB The Virus TI works as a sound card as well for the Windows XP PC Now, thats all working fine. I have connected my Motif XS up via the digital audio output and can play the Motif via the Access and it works fine and the Motif sound ends up routed through the virus fine But I have no idea how to setup and control the Motif from Ableton leaving the Access Virus TI setup as it is, think I have to plug in in a MIDI between them but not sure how to address and whether cable needs to go from MIDI OUT of the Motif to MIDI IN of the Access Virus Ideally I want to continue to route the Motif Sounds via the Virus and record both If someone could help I would appreciate it. I bought Martins tutorial at the weekend but I'm still stuck on this one Thanks Craig
  • Martin Delaney
    Re: MIDI Ableton Help....
    Hi Craig...as far as I can tell from your description, you probably need a USB-to-MIDI adaptor such as the Edirol UM-1EX, this will connect to USB on your computer and the MIDI IN and OUT on your Motif. In Live's preferences you should be able to identify the Virus and the UM-1EX separately, and send/receive MIDI to/from them as required. You don't necessarily have to send MIDI between the Virus and Motif. Does this help? If not, feel free to ask again :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: