macProVideo.com
Forums
  • misguided.robot
    Midi Parameters
    hi - was wondering if (and how) it is possible to map midi to control multiple clips in the session view? ex- dj'ing :: i want to have multiple clips (songs) on 1 or more audio tracks but i don't want to map a midi key for every single clip spot. rather, i've been looking and trying to assign a knob or slider so i can turn the knob and it scrolls the different clips... if not possible.. any body have any other creative ways of controlling multiple clips/songs/tracks without assigning multiple parameters? cheers sean
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Midi Parameters
    Hi misguided, Welcome to MacProVideo forums! I don't think your request is possible, at least I've never seen or heard of it's possibility - but at the moment I'm not an expert with Abelton Live (yet...) Cheers Rounik
  • misguided.robot
    thanks for the welcome rounik. anyone with experience in dj'ing with live have any creative solutions to this? how do you slam thru 30+ tracks (a capellas, samples, songs, etc) with start, stop functionality, looping without having to always mess with the computer? i'll post if i find a way myself (hopefully)
  • Silk Wolf
    still searching for an answer? I'm thinking of doing a video walkthrough for youtube on how I have my midi controller setup to with live and do what you're talking about. Let me know if you still haven't figured it out.
  • misguided.robot
    actually.. i am. i havent really tried to tackle this as much as i should so any tutorials or help you could provide would be wicked. if you could send me what you come up with i'd appreciate it! cheers.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: