macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Exporting from Logic
    Heh Rounik & mpv-heads, I don't know about this one, but is it possible to export a region from Logic as an audio file with the exact same plug-in SETTINGS and import those settings into Ableton Live? I'm iffy on that one myself. Just wondering really:) Thanks as always. Jodie p.s. Yeah, Rounik, I'm delving into Ableton now cuz I'm jamming with this MIDI keyboard dude whose right into it:) What have I been missing!!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Exporting from Logic
    Hi Jodie, When you export audio or MIDI regions from Logic (using Logic's internal plug-ins) the bounced audio file will contain all settings rendered to the audio... Live uses different plug-ins than Logic so it can't replicate those settings. If you share 3rd party plug-ins between Live and Logic then you can use the presets in either app. Enjoy Live & do check out the Live video tuts too: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/live7101[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, When you say the new audio file will contain all settings rendered to the audio, you're just saying the "parts" of the audio, not the actual "effects" that are on that region, right? You then said, "If you share 3rd party plug-ins between Live and Logic then you can use the presets in either app." How can you share 3rd party plug-ins b/w Live and Logic? As for the Live 701 tutorial, I've read some nasty comments about that tutorial; mainly the quality of Delaney's voice! Is it worth the money in ur honest opinion, and, is MPV planning on any new Live tutorials soon? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Logic renders all fx as audio to audio file. Live supports audio units format too. If Logic can see the plugin, Live should be able to see it too. Some people felt the voice was ok... Listen to the preview videos to see if it suits. Cheers R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: