macProVideo.com
Forums
  • zeddy
    shall i buy 101?
    we are using live 8 at university but im still a major noob at this kinda stuff. i've used cubase 4 previously but just barely. im hoping the tutorial will go into depth about all the audio effects since i dont know what they all do yet. also we are using logic for creating sound effects for video, so i'm going to have use ableton for that too since i have a pc and dont have the money for a new mac and software. zed
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: shall i buy 101?
    Hi Zeddy, The Core Live 101 tutorial is pretty big and very comprehensive title! It's over 6 hours long. Despite this there is so much to cover that it simply doesn't have the time to do into depth about all the audio effects. What I would suggest is rather than purchasing a download tutorial, sign up for a subscription service which gives you online access to all tutorials in the macProVideo library on a monthly basis. You can preview the first 10% of all the titles by launching the NEDweb player. You will see the link at the top of the page when you are logged in. Let me know if you need any further help or have any questions at all. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • zeddy
    k im going get it but firstly i have live on my pc will that be a problem? also if i buy the hd version how big will the file be? zed
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi zeddy, I'm not familiar with Live on PCs or Windows PCs in general. However, I believe that the interface for Live on Mac and PC is identical and the key commands should match too. Only issue I believe is that Mac's have different names and symbols for some modifier keys (e.g. Command and Option) - mostly on the PC Command key = Control and Option = Alt. I'm not sure which version of Windows you are running - but do check before purchase that our download Tutorial Player (N.E.D) works fine on your system: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/about/ned&os=win&ver=win[/url] as NED for Windows does not currently support 64bit Windows. In which case I'd recommend the subscription option which gives you online access to the library of tutorials offered on a monthly basis. The HD file will be in the region of 900MB. Do download NED and try out some of the free demo tutorials to get a feel for how the system works. Best Rounik
  • zeddy
    all done working fine
  • Johnb
    I think you should buy it ;)
  • Stevesaxman
    Yo Zed! For real, I have never made a better investment in my life than the pro subscription. $25 a month is a great bargain for an absolutely IMMENSE knowledge base. Furthermore, I have not seen a more helpful forum anywhere on the web. I'm not sure what Rounik is on, but he never sleeps! Seriously this guy is a maniac and you will get a response from someone regarding any questions, comments, concerns you may have. Additionally, the vibe is great here and its all about helping one another. Plus, there are so many applications that are taught! I imagine, being in school, that this site could be a really strong tool to help set you apart from your collegues. Its a nice feeling when you start to develop into the guy that people start coming to for answers. Heck, you might be able to teach the professor a thing or two:-) Best of luck my friend! Steve
  • Rounik Admin
    Ha Steve! You're very kind indeed... In fact, I'm off to have 40 winks right now... I agree the Pro subscription is incredible value... and the forums are such a great and open place to hang out thanks to yourself and the many others who pop along here :) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: