macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    Guitar effects racks??
    I'm looking for some nice effects in Live to run my electric guitar through. are there any good effects for this? What's the best way for me to run my guitar through Live without incorporating outboard FX pedals? Thanks!
  • Stevesaxman
    Re: Guitar effects racks??
    Hey CoFane! I'm not sure if you were talking strictly within Live or not....but something that I use is Guitar Rig from Native Instruments. I actually use this for my saxophone and it works AWESOME! (I'm a sax player trapped in a guitar player's body) You would have no limitations to your tone and if you get the Kontrol edition that comes with a sturdy pedalboard, you will really be smokin' and you could change presets on the fly! It may run you close to $400 us dollars, but I think you would be pleased in the end. Best of Luck! Steve
  • coFane
    Actually, after I made my first post on this subject I downloaded the trial version of Guitar Rig and it is freakishly nice sounding! I'm intersted in the pedalboard though now that you mention it. Would the pedalboard be programmable for any other functions in live (ie- the looper or maybe a scene trigger) or will it just control patch changes from within Guitar rig? Thanks for the help!
  • Stevesaxman
    The pedalboard is sick imho but versions 1 thru 3 do not use a universal midi protocol. Its something else that eludes me at the moment. Perhaps Jamie or Scott or someone on here can help me on that one. Therefore, I think it would only be for use with the guitar rig plugin (although it is a pretty sweet plugin). However, I do believe I read on NI's website that the latest version of Rig Kontrol is, in fact, a universal midi controller. Please make sure to research that and be 100% before you buy the product. I would hate to be the source of anyone's pocketbook waining without getting what they need. Sidebar.... As far as looping, you will find that is a feature contained in Guitar Rig as well. Even without universal midi, I would endorse the product as being....well, sweet! Of course, universal midi would be sweet and it makes sense that NI would incorporate that sooner or later. I hope this was helpful and good luck! Steve
  • coFane
    Thanks! Ya, I read on the Sweetwater website that "Rig Kontrol foot pedal works as MIDI interface and MIDI controller." http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GuitarRig4/ I will for sure consult with someone at Sweetwater before I pull the trigger on anything. Thanks again for the feedback!
  • Stevesaxman
    No worries buddy! I love sweetwater. I don't know if you have a "guy" there, but Forrest Powell is awesome. I had a chance to go there on my way to Chicago for the Logic 301 course. That place is absolutely amazing!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: