macProVideo.com
Forums
  • GaryHiebner
    Ableton DJ- Session or Arrangement View
    When you guys DJ/ or play Live do you use the Session View or Arrangement view in Ableton? I see in this video Magnetic Man mention they setup their sets in the arrangement view http://www.ableton.com/blog/2011/10/19/magnetic-man-ableton-live-novation-controllers Which is quite interesting as I thought the session view would be more appropriate. I first started arranging my sets in the arrangement view, but it was a bit limiting as the set was all pre-planned. I then switched to the session view so I could trigger clips at will. I know you can also combine both to get the best of both views. But not too sure how this is best done. Both views have their pros and cons. I'd like to hear you guys opinions.
  • Hector Lee
    Re: Ableton DJ- Session or Arrangement View
    I use both depending on the music that I am working with. If I had composed the track from scratch, I would probably use the arrangement view. Cause there would be automation, etc and I would use the markers to skip to different parts of the song.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Ableton DJ- Session or Arrangement View
    Thanks Hector, Its always nice getting tips from other users on how they use their applications.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: