macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 88keez
    low free memory
    Hi, I get a message popping up in my project saying I have "low free memory". I think it is due to the amount of plug-ins I am using. I have tried to down size the plug ins, but when I add audio tracks with the same plug ins as the previous track, this quickly adds plug ins to the project. Does anyone have any ideas how to cope with this? Also, my project is now in an endless loop. My iMac i7 gave me the usual message that my free memory is low, and then it auto saved the project and shut down the program. The problem is, when I reopen the project, it gives me both messages again and shuts down again. I can't get out of that loop to try and free up some memory to keep working on the project. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do on either or both of these problems. Thanks. 88keez
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: low free memory
    Hi 88Keez, Can you please give us some more details on your setup 1. What iMac do you have and what OS is it running 2. How much RAM do you have in your iMac 3. What version of Ableton are you running With these details I can give you a more specific answer.
  • 88keez
    Re: Re: low free memory
    Right, sorry, I guess I should have included that info. Firstly though, I'm using Logic Pro 9, I've obviously posted my question in the wrong section. Should I re-post my question in the Logic section? But I'm using an iMac 7, with 8 MG of RAM, and 1 Gig of storage with a processing speed of 2.8Ghz. The operating system is 10 or above, I'm uncertain of the exact one. I hope this is enough info, thanks for replying.
  • GaryHiebner
    What operating system are you using? 10.6 or 10.7?
  • 88keez
    I'm using 10.6.8.
  • GaryHiebner
    Are you just using Logic's plugins or are you using some 3rd party plugins? It could be a specific plugin that is causing the 'low memory' problem. Try disabling the plugins one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: