macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sovemyi
    I need help with my keyboard setup.
    hello. I know this is such a simple question but how do you get the signal to go through once you connect your keyboard synth to your laptop through ableton? I watched the tutorials and clicked on everything i needed to but there is still no sound. Is there something i need to do in the midi setup page? i see my keyboard connected to ableton but yet, not sound.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: I need help with my keyboard setup.
    Hi phillipnguyen12, First make sure that your Mac recognises your MIDI keyboard in the Audio MIDI Setup (Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup). Go to Window > Show MIDI Window, and this will show you all the MIDI devices connected to your Mac. If you see it there then go into Ableton and see if it is all setup correctly there. If you do not see it in the Audio MIDI Setup, try click Rescan MIDI. If still no luck then you may need to go to your keyboard's manufacturer website and download the latest drivers and install. In Ableton, go to Ableton > Preferences. Click on the MIDI Sync Tab. Under MIDI Ports see if your keyboard is there, and make sure that Track for that device is set to On.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: