Forums
This thread relates to...
Ableton Live 103
Audio Essentials
by: rishabhrajan
More Info
  • Student472578
    Sample offline - Multitrack session
    I have a multitrack that I want to use to round out a live performance of a song but when I open the multitrack file i get the message "Some of the media files(such as samples) used by this set could not be loaded." If I go into File Manager and show what it's missing it doesn't show any missing file?? Also, if I go to the track I am trying to get working in the file location it works... Under sample it says file is offline but I can't press any of the edit save rev. buttons as they are greyed out... Any ideas would help a lot!
  • Joe A
    Re: Sample offline - Multitrack session
    I've also found that Ableton Live can be kind of finicky vís-a-vís missing files -- the options presented in the File Manager don't always seem to work, and the commands for consolidating all files into the Set also don't always seem to work as intended -- at least not in as straightforward a way as in some other DAWs. That said, I'd probably have to see the project to suss anything out -- and even then I'd need more detail to even hazard a guess.. What do you mean by "round out the performance" -- are you adding a new file to the Set? What kind of file is the "multitrack" you refer to? Are you talking about an audiofile or another Set? Or are you talking about a set of samples for Sampler or for a Drum Rack? Are the missing media files [samples] factory sounds you installed or audiofiles you recorded? If you go to the Finder can you locate these missing files manually? Etc, etc.. I've linked this thread to one of our Live courses [that focuses on audio] -- maybe a regular Live user/expert will see it and recognize a similar problem, and have some advice to offer..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: