macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student469162
    Midi, audio and how it works video 2
    In this video, he introduces different type of tracks. OK. That there are exist midi drummer and (real instrument) audio file, I know, no problem. But you see, he tells about a virtual guitar, which is also an audio file, but as a virtual, not a real instrument... So, how he has created that virtual guitar on the timeline... ? He speaks nothing about this. I include a part of the video 2, it calls guitar 1 there. I want to create it, too. Thanks! https://youtu.be/heeP1KZRmI0
  • Joe A
    Re: Midi, audio and how it works video 2
    A virtual guitar is not an audio file -- what you see on the track he's referring to is not virtual [MIDI--green], but an audio recording of a real guitar [audio--blue].. - A Virtual Instrument track is a track that records MIDI data which triggers notes that come from the Virtual Instrument plug-in on the track. - In GarageBand terminology, a Guitar track is just a regular [empty] Audio track with an amp & effect plug-ins already inserted for you -- you still have to play the part in from a real [physical] guitar and record it as audio.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: