macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Allen Hanford
    Piano roll triplets
    I know on the piano roll that I can quantize to triplets, but is there a way to have the grid shown as triplets, also?
  • Joe A
    Re: Piano roll triplets
    Hi Allen - AFAIK, in GB the grid always follows the Time Signature, so I don't know of any way to have it display a triplet grid, even when you have it quantize to that grid. Of course the Score Edit view will show the notes notated as triplets, but the Piano Roll (and Track Lane) grid will still show gridlines based on the Tempo (i.e. regular 16th-notes in 4/4). Oddly, in the Score display there's a menu labelled Grid with options for triplets, but selecting a triplet display there doesn't actually seem to change the gridline display anywhere... ?
  • Allen Hanford
    Bummer. I could swear that a much older version of GB had this feature. Eons ago when I sequenced with MasterTrax that had it. I do a lot of note-by-note sequencing and it's a lot easier if you're doing swing eighths. :(
  • Joe A
    I wouldn't be surprised. A long time ago Apple re-wrote all those included applications, in some cases simplifying them for inexplicable reasons, despite occasional user outcry (I remember iMovie users were particularly upset).
  • Allen Hanford
    I figured they did stuff like that to force you into paid software. Speaking of which, is this something logic pro has?
  • Joe A
    Yes, in Logic you can right-click to Customize the Header area by adding a Time Signature/Division display, and then select a 12th- or 24th-note Division (instead of the usual 16th-note Division) to display quarter-note or 8th-note triplet gridlines, respectively (see the screenshot).
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: