macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Allen Hanford
    Can't drag regions to zero
    Why is it that on some GB files I can't drag the regions to the very beginning of the grid? It seems like it only does it on files where I've recorded audio but maybe I'm hallucinating that. If the software is forcing me to have a pickup bar, that's fine, but I'd want to move the zero one measure to the right so I can keep track of what measure I'm really on.
  • Joe A
    Re: Can't drag regions to zero
    Hi Allen - I'm always able to drag Regions -- audio or MIDI -- all the way to the beginning of the song at bar 1. This works whether "Snap to Grid" is turned on or off, even if the Region doesn't start on a gridline. I 'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean when you say "move the zero one measure to the right" -- are you saying that the first bar in the song is bar 0 instead of the normal bar 1? If GB automatically created a pickup bar, I don't know of a way to adjust that by hand (it's easy in Logic, but GB doesn't seem to have those features/options, and I've never had GB do that here).
  • Allen Hanford
    Not sure what's wrong but when I try to to drag any region to the very beginning it jumps to the second measure when I let go of the mouse button. Not having a pickup bar is pretty lame. My days with GB may be numbered.
  • Joe A
    Hmm, that sounds like the song may be corrupted. Maybe try copying & pasting the Region(s) from the current Project to a brand new blank Project, and see if that behavior persists. I should warn you that even Logic is (and has always been) finicky about having a bar 0 pickup bar -- so much so that most long-time Logic users set the first bar as bar 1 and actually start the song at bar 3..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: