macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Crankyoldfart
    Garage Band glitches
    During playback, GB stalls with error message "Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi. Sample rate 42796 recognized. Check conflict between Garage Band and external device." But I'm not using an external device. Also get "System overload. The audio engine was not able to process the required data in time." Any advice greatly appreciated
  • Joe A
    Re: Garage Band glitches
    Hi - GarageBand uses the same underlying engine as Logic, and that's a familiar message. Unfortunately it's fairly non-specific. but here are a few things you might look at.. - First, as always, do a hard shutdown/restart - Try various songs, and see if it's particular to a certain song (or with certain audio files) or if it happens in many songs; test with a brand new Project - Check your system spec -- ideally there should be an i5 CPU or higher (minimum i3), minimum 8GB RAM (better 16 GB), and there should always be at least 20% free (empty) space on the internal (startup) drive (the drive space is particularly important, when a HD is too full everything can slow down and get glitchy -- if possible you could try playing back the audio files from a different HD) - In Logic you can try different audio buffer (RAM) sizes, but I guess that's not an option in GB's Preferences - If you're using a lot of virtual (Software) Instruments, that can put a lot of strain on the system -- make a copy of the song and try removing some to see if the issue goes away or is reduced in severity Sometimes it's just a mystery -- Apple typically recommends re-installing things, so I guess you could try re-installing GB if all else fails.. Note: if you did any upgrades to your system recently, that could potentially have something to do with it, especially if everything worked fine before, and the problem only started after the upgrades..
  • Crankyoldfart
    Re: Garage Band glitches
    Thank you. I have tried just about everything you mentioned, including reinstalling. Frustrating! Thanks for taking time to reply
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: