macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student453440
    mixing info
    I have read a couple of articles on mixing in GB. They talk about sending the pre mix song/track out of GB and then bringing it in again to start mixing. Like that changes it somehow. What is the story with that?
  • Joe A
    Re: mixing info
    Some people like to render (bounce down) any Virtual Instrument tracks as audio files before they start mixing—a lot of Pro Tools users used to do that as a matter of course; I assume that's what's meant by "sending the pre mix song/track out of GB and then bringing it in again". While doing that does reduce the overall CPU hit while mixing [especially when there are a lot of Virtual Instrument tracks utilizing heavy-CPU instruments], and makes it easier to share the individual tracks if you wanted to send them to someone else to mix in a bigger [different] DAW, nowadays I don't think there's any significant advantage to doing it [I don't do it in Logic], especially to mix in GB, unless your arrangement is very large and you're running into CPU issues.
  • Student453440
    Re: mixing info
    understood
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: