macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student464981
    Move everything to the right or left of the playhead. . .
    Hi - please please please could you help me as I have a problem with GB that I can't solve and it's stopping me from progressing. . . I am trying to make a podcast and to refine things towards the end of the process, I just want to move a lot of regions to the right (or left). Another way to think of it is just inserting a gap of maybe a second. This is easy when there are only a few regions but difficult when there are a lot. What I'd really like to do is select everything to the right or left of the playhead. Is this possible?
  • Joe A
    Re: Move everything to the right or left of the playhead. . .
    Hi - It's pretty easy to do what you're asking.. - Select all the Regions by clicking in a blank area of a track lane and dragging a rectangle over all the tracks, highlighting them - With all the Regions selected position the playback cursor where you want to cut and hit Command-T - This will cut all the Regions and leave the [newly-cut] Regions to the right of the edit point still selected - Grab one of the selected Regions and drag to move them all together, as desired (creating a gap, for example) Note that if there are separate Regions on same tracks after the edit point those may not be selected after you make the cut, so if you want those to move as well you'll have to re-select all Regions after the edit point before you drag. Also note that if there are separate Regions following the ones you move to the right and you don't want them to be moved then be aware that the beginnings of those Regions will be cut off if the Regions being moved overlap them -- if they're MIDI Regions any MIDI data in the sections cut off will be lost, so keep that in mind.
  • Student464981
    Re: Move everything to the right or left of the playhead. . .
    Thanks so much for that info. By chance I've found what I was doing wrong. With the automation button on, and things like volume curves displayed, none of the selecting that you've talked about above works. I'm new to GB, and for the whole time that I've been using it I've had automation on and I have never been able to select by dragging. Certainly much much easier now I've turned automation off. Thanks for all the tips as well - I'll now be able to do what you've suggested. All the best.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: