macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student465754
    Exporting/emailing GB files
    CAVEAT! Me am nearly computer illiterate, so small words please, as if speaking to a dull child. Somehow, I've managed to email a file with two tracks (me playing along with JJ Cale and Clapton) by compressing the file and dropping it into my hotmail message. I have noted that the sound quality is quite poor, and wonder if the receiver can "de-compress it"? Also, when I click on the file in the email it starts playing and can't be paused or stops - no new screen pops up with controls. I suppose I'm wondering if an interactive GB file could be exported to a friend so that he could a) control play; b) mute selected tracks or control track volume when I've played along to the same song on multiple tracks? On a different subject, does GB assign a "last modified" or first-created date stamp on a track? And, is there some way, if I want to mute or adjust volume on ALL tracks, etc., or do I have to adjust each track individually? Thanks for any help.
  • Joe A
    Re: Exporting/emailing GB files
    Hi - If by compressing the file you mean Zipping it, that shouldn't affect the sound quality in any way. If you export from GB by going to the Share menu->Export Song to Disk*, that will Bounce down the GB Project to an audio file -- when opened in an email you might get an audio player with at least a start/stop button, depending on the email client. But if by "interactive GB file" you mean a GB file that your friend can open and continue to work with in GB, then no, he probably won't be able to play that Project from within the email, he'll have to download it and open it in GB [if the file isn't too big to be attached to an email, which it might be, in which case you'd have to use something like DropBox or YouSendIt]. * If you choose WAV file here, the resulting audio file might be too big to attach/play within an email -- AAC or MP3 would be a smaller audio file, but slightly compromised in sound quality, though usually not noticeably. On a different subject [in future please make each new topic a different post].. Both the Date Created and Date [last] Modified information is present in the file header -- what you see in the Finder is based on a display option in the Finder View options for a particular Finder window. You can control the overall level in GB from the Master Track [Track menu->Show Master Track].
  • Student465754
    You, Joe, are a fount of information! Thanks a big bunch.
  • Joe A
    Your welcome! Glad to help..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: