macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student471488
    Playing GarageBand output through guitar amp
    I am using GarageBand on a Mac with an IRig hd2 and I am trying to have the sound that normally comes through my Mac speakers come through my guitar amp. However, when I connect the amp output from the IRig it only plays the clean sound through my amp, whilst the Mac speakers output the fx adjusted sound. Any ideas? Thanks. Matt
  • Joe A
    Re: Playing GarageBand output through guitar amp
    Hi Matt - It sounds like the amp output on the iRig is functioning as a splitter to take the incoming [clean] guitar signal to the amp while simultaneously sending it to the DAW for recording. Apparently there are two ways to do what you want.. - According to the iRig manual you can select iRig as the output device [in GB's audio Preferences], and then take the signal from the headphone output [not the amp output] and send that to the amp [with a suitable adaptor] -- see the iRig manual p.7. - The manual also suggests that you can send a processed signal to the amp output by setting the Thru-Fx switch to Fx [iRig manual p.8-9], but I'm not clear if that's the full GB output or just the processed guitar itself [you'll have to try it].. https://download.ikmultimedia.com/plugins/Manuals/iRigHD2/iRig_HD_2_User_Manual.pdf Btw since GB is the DAW I've moved this thread to the GarageBand subforum..
  • Student471488
    Re: Playing GarageBand output through guitar amp
    Thanks so much. I’ll give it a try. All the best.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: