macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student460214
    Master Track functions
    Does the master track (if used) add it's reverb & echo settings in addition to the individual track setting for those effects? i.e., a cumulative reverb from both the track and the Master?
  • Joe A
    Re: Master Track functions
    The Master Reverb & Echo should be the same effects you're dialing up with the individual track reverb & echo settings -- I'd just dial those effects up in the individual tracks, and leave them alone in the Master Track.
  • Student460214
    Thanks Joe, But the Master applies echo/reverb to ALL tracks? So if I don't want them on any one track do I have to remove them in the Master? Thnx! T
  • Joe A
    Hmm.. AFAICT the implementation of Master Reverb/Echo in GB doesn't seem to work properly [like other standard Send&Return effects]. I don't know if you're seeing the same behavior as I am, but here adding reverb with the Master Reverb slider in a track always seems to bring the sound of the dry track way up along with the added reverb, destroying the mix balance for the track. I don't know if it's a bug or a "feature", or just some weirdness on my system, but I'd avoid it -- instead of dialing up reverb with the Master Reverb slider for each track, my suggestion is to leave those all the way down [and leave the Master Reverb slider in the Master Track all the way down as well], and use whatever reverb/ambience knob [usually over on the right] is provided in the Smart Controls [graphic] panel itself. Those seem to be for individual channel reverbs and they seem to work normally. Generally, mixing functionality is the weakest aspect of GB, and probably one of the main reasons many people eventually upgrade to Logic..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: