macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student473582
    GB keeps downloading essential sound library
    Hello, To save space on my HD I moved the GB files (MacOS/Library/Application Support) and audio loops files (MacOS/Library/Audio) to an external HD and created alias for both of them. Yet when I start up GB, it keeps downloading the essential sound library. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your assistance, Chris
  • Joe A
    Re: GB keeps downloading essential sound library
    Hi Chris - Apparently GarageBand doesn't recognize the Aliases and thinks the sounds are not installed. [Actually Logic/GB continually re-downloading library content is a common issue, though there are no definitive fixes.] Some people recommend creating Symbolic Links instead of Aliases, claiming that they work better [they should in theory, that's how Logic does it with their new option for re-locating library content] -- a search for "symbolic link garageband" or "symbolic link logic" should turn up some recommendations. If I remember correctly the GB essential library content is only around 2GB [I think the full content d/l is around 14 GB] -- unless your internal HD is really tiny (i.e. 128GB) it might be easier just to leave the library where the installer puts it -- that's what I ended up doing after using Aliases for years..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: