macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student474193
    Vocal mixing and user patches
    Every time I mix one of my vocal tracks all of the others seems to get edited too including the beat. I don’t know how to stop this from happening as I’m pretty new to GarageBand. Also none of my user patches save the settings.
  • Joe A
    Re: Vocal mixing and user patches
    Saving a plug-in preset does seem a bit funky -- apparently the name doesn't always save as entered -- and loading User Patches does seem to be a little hit & miss, but some of mine were made in Logic that that might be why.. As for as the other issue, you'd have to explain more specifically what you mean by "Every time I mix one of my vocal tracks" and "the others seems to get edited too including the beat" -- what do you mean by "mix", and "edited", there's not enough information there to hazard a guess as to exactly what's happening let alone what might be causing it..
  • Student474193
    Hello, thanks for replying! Sorry for not being clear enough I am new to this. Here is what I’m trying to say: I get a hip hop beat from YouTube and put it into GarageBand, then I record some vocals. When I decide to mix those vocals by adding platinum reverb and compressing it etc. It ends up adding those settings to all my other tracks including the beat. I don’t know how to change it so that it only adds those plug ins to one specific track. I hope that was clear enough. Awais
  • Joe A
    Hi Awais - To add Reverb on an individual track you'd go to the Smart Controls panel ["B"] > Track tab, and under Plug-ins dial up the Master Reverb slider -- if you do that on only the Vocal Track you should only hear reverb on the voice. If you do that and you still hear reverb on everything, then my guess would be that the mic may be picking up the track from your speakers and recording it along with the voice on the vocal track, so when you add reverb to the Vocal track it gets on everything. To test this, Solo the Vocal track [click the little headphone icon in that track header] -- if you still hear the other Instruments, then that's what's happened. If that's the case, when recording with a live mic, turn off your speakers and monitor in headphones instead.
  • Student474193
    hello, once again thanks for getting back to me. I do use my headphones whilst recording and I lower them to make sure no volume is going into my mic. I will attach a video link to showcase my issue. https://youtu.be/Bl51791OMuI
  • Joe A
    Hi Awais - Ah yes, the video makes it clear-- the reason what you're doing is affecting all the tracks is because you have the Master tab selected down in the Smart Controls panel at the bottom. By design, any plug-ins/effects you apply in the Master channel will affect all the tracks in the mix. Instead of selecting the Mastert tab at the bottom, select an individual Track's header and select the Track tab down in the Smart Controls panel -- then whatever effects you insert will be applied only to the currently-selected Track.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: