macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student469162
    Default recording
    If I use gb and recording a project, will it be recorded in mono or in stereo by default?
  • Joe A
    Re: Default recording
    In the Smart Controls panel [at the bottom] there's an option for mono or stereo recording on Audio tracks [see the screenshot] -- single-circle for mono, double-circle for stereo.
  • Student469162
    I have also track selected, then in the middle plug ins and on the bottom master echo and master reverb as you, but instead of recording settings in above as you, I have keyboard sensitivity. Where are my recording settings could be.. ?
  • Student469162
    https://youtu.be/ciNgL1QlYFI I found an old video of mine, here I do have recording settings, but now I have keyboard sensitivity there. Why is that? Cell phone is in the service, I can't make a video about keyboard sensitivity.
  • Joe A
    If you see "Keyboard Sensitivity" down there then you've selected an Instrument track, not an Audio track -- "Recording Settings" is where you choose the input source for an Audio track. Since Instrument tracks record only MIDI data [with the audio provided in playback by the Instrument plug-in] there's no need for those settings.
  • Student469162
    Well, I chosed an audiofile, modern british metal, but on the track below I only can see pitch correction, nothing more including recording settings with mono/stereo possibilities. I haven't a video as I have not a cell phone now, but I close another video here you can see I have that modern british metal audio file. But if I chosed a vocal, which is also an audio, I got recorded settings. Why is that? Of course, the modern british metal as well as amazing tweed, both are recorded without a real external instrument, by help of sierra (I think), is that the case.. ? https://youtu.be/wBAI6APEtog
  • Joe A
    See my previous post -- the mono/stereo option is only found on Audio tracks, not Software Instrument tracks. However if you create an Audio track and select the Amazing Tweed preset you should see the mono/stereo option..
  • Student469162
    If I only can choose mono/stereo option on audio tracks, then what is default sound on all software instrument tracks? Mono or stereo? And how can I change mono to stereo and vice versa?
  • Joe A
    In Logic a Software Instrument track is whatever the Instrument is and AFAIK it's the same in GarageBand. If you want to adjust the width of an Instrument track you could use the Direction Mixer plug-in [its Spread control takes a stereo Instrument from normal stereo [1.00] to Mono [0.00], but stay away from settings above 1.00], or the Stereo Spread plug-in [takes a mono Instrument and widens it to [fake] stereo: mono = 0%, fake stereo = anything greater than 0% up to 100%].
  • Student469162
    I don't understand. If I open gb, where I can see, are the software instruments in mono or in stereo? I have read that in top menu is a share, there is a export song to disk and then audio settings, but I don't have audio settings. After audio settings a pop-up menu comes there is custom and then from mono to stereo ok save audio file, and then the song will be in stereo, not mono anymore. Why I don't have audio settings, or I can't find them?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: