macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student475965
    Snapping sound during playback (NOT the metronome), please help!
    Hi, I just got a new MacBook Pro 16' 2019, running Catalina 10.15.7, GarageBand 10.3.5 My problem is that when I'm playing recorded files, sporadically there will be a strange, rhythmical snapping/galloping sound. The sound is not heard every time, but will usually start after listening for a few moments. It is heard only when there is sound (not during quiet moments in the recording). It appears both on tracks recorded with GarageBand (AKG Lyra USB microphone directly plugged into the laptop) and on tracks imported from another recording device (Olympus LS-10). The snapping is also audible in bounced files. The sound does not appear in other instances (watching YouTube etc). What on earth could be causing this? I'm not using feedback monitoring or anything else, just the basic default settings. Please help! :D
  • Joe A
    Re: Snapping sound during playback (NOT the metronome), please help!
    Hi - Without actually hearing the sound it's hard to guess what it might be, though it sounds like it could be stuttering on audio playback, which could be the result of a number of things -- insufficient RAM [8GB required,16GB recommended], CPU running out of steam, not enough free space on the hard disk [always ≥20% free recommended], etc.. Audio applications like GB use full-quality audio files [as opposed to the compressed audio on YouTube etc], but if the computer can handle video playback it should be able to handle audio. Of course it might be something else entirely, and it's always difficult to diagnose intermittent issues.. First do the usual troubleshooting steps.. - Hard computer shutdown/restart - Turn off WiFi when you're working in GB - Close any other applications running in the background when you're working in GB - Try playing the files in Finder preview, QuickTIme Player, and iTunes [to see if the problem is the files themselves or GB] - Reinstall GB
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: